Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 9.11.17 (Read 35 times)

Hi friends - I'd take hot weather over cold anyday, but feel for the people dealing with these horrible weather conditions.

I survived my Ironman 70.3 with my slowest, but most thankful performance!! So grateful to be out there doing things I love!!

Now, training for MCM with a bit of PF flair and some right quad/IT band issues, but taking it slow and steady and determined to enjoy whatever the day brings!!

Ran 7.2 miles this morning in beautiful weather in my Hoka Arahi's - used a 9 min run/1 min walk pattern which seems to be working for me!

I miss you all and am sorry I don't keep up better!!

Happy Trails and healthy journey to you all!!

denise

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Back home after easy flight.  Celebrated with dinner with Opie and wife who are being tourists in boston.

Stumpy - the races i've run around the lake always go in the opposite direction - is there a reason for that or did I read the map wrong?

i thought we were walking about 30 minutes to the train station - turned out to be an hour.  that was our primary exercise for the day.

and the weather fight will continue endlessly - i like having 4 seasons although i would prefer more light in the evening.

marj

Sorry I missed a chance to meet another RAer IRL.  You are correct, they normally go CW.  I do wax on, wax off for a bit of variety

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

Yeah, but you can dress for the cold and run on the treadmill. Not much you can do about a force of nature ripping your house apart. To each their own, I guess.

5.3 miles after work before the rain showers rolled in. Just good timing based purely on good luck.

Mariposai

Well, it is 9pm here, which means it is time to go to bed because both DH and I have early morning meetings to go to. We both love our work,  so we don't complain about the task ahead of us, and both of our positions are DOL, classified exempt from overtime,  hint Holly.

Still posting from my cellphone because my personal PC is still in the shop. So not much cheers posting from me.

8 miles from my wings today. First run on sort off clear air in two months.  Asthma is still bad here. Running 12 minute miles feels likeca 6 minute mile, but running I will keep on doing.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard