Masters Running

40/40 Thread for Week Ending 4/5/09 (Read 635 times)

HermosaBoy

Went to the physical therapist -- right hamstring problem is caused by a tight left hip. I guess that the leg bone is connected to the hip bone -- on the other side. Confused Got some exercises to do. Feels ok running normally. Trying to get down to tempo pace is another story... No
    DayActualCommentary
    Sun – AM18 in 1:58:0318 mile progression run including two mile wu/cd. Got mile 16 down to 5:49 
    Sun – PM Weights
    Mon – AM3 in 25:05 Feeling a bit beat up from lifting and yesterday's workout. Ran to keep the HR <>
    Mon – PM7.32 in 57.11 Includes 8 by 30 second hill repeats
    Tues – AM REST Lousy weather…
    Tues – PM7.09 in 45:26 Was PLANNING to run a mile as a warm-up and then run hard until I got to 30 minutes. Then turn around and run hard until the last mile. Got p#ssed off when I was working so hard just to get to 5:50 – so I shut it down. Decided to AT LEAST try one last somewhat hard 800. Too much effort being expended to get to the paces I hit. This physical therapy better start paying off!!!
    Wed – AM4.4 in 35:33 Windy and snowy on April 1st – MEH!
    Wed – PM10:39 in 1:11 A hilly loop -- Now this is what I am talking about! Felt good the entire time. Hip/Hammy still not great, but felt like I was running comfortably...
    Thu – AM4.3 in 34:21 GORGEOUS morning for a run! Would have been perfect if this was February instead of April. Crisp and clear with a hint of sunrise as Rosie and I ran along.
    Thu – PM7.2 in 49:16 AVG HR 132. :-D
    Fri – AM4.3 in 34:16 Another nice morning for a run.
    Fri – PM5 in 36:09 A very nice run with CamScam. He was setting the pace and I tried to keep him from going too fast. I think he was trying to prove something because he has been running a lot slower on his own...
    Sat – AM25k in 1:42:21 A solid effort on a HILLY course! Took the first two miles as a warm-up. Then just ran by effort. Shooting to have HR around 150ish. Had a minor f%ck up on the course -- took a wrong turn that we thought wasn't a big deal. Then found out it cut a mile out and a nasty hill. We corrected this on the second loop by running the missed section twice. Which just meant we had to run that NASTY hill twice with very little recovery. AVG HR = 150 and MAX HR of 168.
    Sat – PM REST
    Total86.6 in 10:08 This was a SOLID week. Very happy with the effort in the 25 given the difficulty of the course.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

pfriese

Holly, Sorry about the lack of update at the end of last week. This week, for sure, I'll officially rejoin the 40/40 group. However, there is NO plan, just run by feel. M - 8 miles @ 9:37/mile avg pace T - 8 miles @ 9:29/mile avg pace W - 8 miles @ 9:40/mile avg pace Th - rest day F - 8 miles @ 9:31/mile avg pace Sa - rest day Su - 20.2 @ 9:51/mile avg pace ________________________________ Total - 52.2 miles - Done Paul
      Barefoot Rick

Barefoot Runner

Romans 10:15 - How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!
          http://barefootrunner.org
          39.1 miles on 3 days of running. Highlighted by a 9 min/mile pace 21 miler in 75° weather. Couldn't think of any good reason to run that other 9/10 mile! Congrats on that nice BQ Marathon. You rawk Friend. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

I got 58.2 miles with 21 on Sunday - feel good! Holly - I just saw YOU BQD!! Congratulations!!