Masters Running

Monday again, 11.18.19 (Read 43 times)

BTY

I second the Good Luck, Falcon.

3,000 yards swimming this morning, about 1.7 miles.  I was glad to see that Holly agreed with me about 1 mile of swimming not being equal to just 4 miles of running, because I don't ever remember having to sit down on the ground after running 7 miles, even a 10k race.  Even a Half Marathon for that matter.  But sit down for a while I did this morning.

Tomorrow will be just half that workout, literally.  I plan to do 1,500 yards which will keep me ahead of the pace bunny for my 20-miles in November fundraiser.

I have a workout coming up on Sunday that sounded too interesting to pass on.  The local Masters Swimming group (Adirondack Masters Swimming) is incorporating a fitness challenge into the annual meeting and luncheon, and the idea is that swimmers of similar speed and endurance share lanes and try to swim 50 repeats in about 1:40.  The faster swimmers will do 100's, the slower ones 50's, and those of us in the middle of the pack will hesitatingly choose 75's.  We get 1:45 to swim each interval, and while I know I can swim 100 yards in less than 1:45, I don't think I can do that for an hour and 40 minutes.   Picking the 75's lets me get a breather for about 15 or 20 seconds each time as well.  If I reach 50 repeats that will be 3,750 yards, or a bit over 2 miles.  I think it will be my distance record, but I need to check on that.  I figured out that there are actually 55 or 56 1:45 intervals in those 1 hour and 40 minutes, so I have a chance to sit out one every 10 reps and still make 50.

Oh, and Music?  Every few years I get introduced to a new artist or genre and decide I really like them for a while....lately I just find myself not wanting to listen to it.  And I could never run to music.  Fortunately it's not even an issue in the water.

Have a greta day tomorrow, Runners!

SteveP

Jay, ugh on the insurance stuff.

RunnerKSA, nice three and congratulations on the pie.

Utter Chaos here and we just ran out of chocolate chip cookies! 

WTH???

(((((JLynne)))))!!!! Great to see ya.

My musical taste have been all over the place. Enya, Cherry Poppin Daddies, Sam and Dave, Van Morrison, Wheezer, Rex Allen Jr.,The Cars, Johnny Rivers, Adam Ant, Carly Simon, Marty Robbins,White Stripes....etc. The late nights at work call for Psycho-Billy and stay out of my way.

AnneB, sorry about your back.

maybe Dunkin just doesn't like ice cream? I think some dogs tend to know when something doesn't sit right in their bellies and will avoid it. maybe he's lactose intolerant 

He'll eat it in his dish. He often will not take a treat when he's outside.

(((((Leslie))))) I hope there's resolution soon.

Tome White..Tile is rough. Ugh.

He's done a lot of marathons- the 7 continents etc- but moved here from Phoenix and isn't all that used to hills.  I hope he forgives me.

"You think those are hills?...Bless your heart".

MM#209.."It Feels Like Rain Drops".

Surly Bill, My triceps and back hurts from looking at that.

Falcon Fixer..Some one has to be first - good luck.

BTY - WOW!

I got a TM 5K in the AM and took Dunkin out for 2 in the drizzle after work.

SteveP