Masters Running

Henry and Marj sighting 3/12 (Read 206 times)

Just have to start today with a non-running post because this is just too cool!!

I was at Logan Airport with my son Nicholas who left today on his volunteer week with Project Abroad in Jamaica and who do I see???????  HENRY AND MARJ!!   They were in a different line checking in for their flight to Hawaii and I spotted them and had to go running over!  So amazing - they are just adorable!!   I just love bumping into them at the most unpredictable moments ..... my son's words ......"Of course that would happen to you mom"  Big grin

Wishing Henry and Marj safe travels to Hawaii and an enjoyable half marathon.

Praying my son has a safe and enriching experience in Jamaica and keeping all the people of Japan in my prayers!

Have a wonderful Saturday my friends and enjoy the moments!

denise

deez, how neat that you got to see Henry and Marj.  I hope their trip and half marathon are fantastic.  I also send good wishes to your son for a great experience.

TomS

That was fun!  Safe travels to evryone.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        Dave59

Cool meet-up deez.  Hawaii sounds like a nice place to go. 

I spend some time on another running forum and a few years ago I went to Maryland and crewed for a bunch of people running the JFK 50-miler.  (Turns out they didn't need much help but it was fun to see them.)  Pictures were posted of the events, and another forumite, who lives in Hawaii, to a liking to one of the guys in the pictures (who was one of our newer members.)  That started some phone calls, and visits, and today they will be getting married in Hilo Bay Hawaii.  (Provided it gets cleaned up.  They said the wedding area got swamped yesterday.)  What a pair.  The guy does 50 & 100 mile events and she big triathlons (Kona a few times already.)

The Japan earthquake news still is shocking.  I know a guy who is still involved in the Haiti clean-up.  Then there was Chile & New Zealand.  So many lives turned upside down.  The people I know well are in the southern part of Japan and they weren't directly effected but I assume there will be nation wide ramifications.  Today is the day Cindy and I were going to make our final arrangements & reservations to go visit them in May.  Now I don't know if that is still a good idea.  We could just be getting in the way.

As for running, 4.5 leisurely miles this morning.  I'll probably take the granddaughter to the big town of Saginaw today and give her mom a rest.  If I can get her part way cleaned up, I'll try and get a picture and post it (granddaughter, not the mom).  It's been a year or more since I've done that.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Is this the daily then? Safe travels to all!

Just a quickie 3.11 miles in the park, where the remnants of yesterday's floods have only left a few muddy spots. The county maintenance crews are so on top of things; I bet by 9am it'll all be pristine once more.

Watched "Spirit of the Marathon" last night with the HM ladies. Today was supposed to be a rest day, but after seeing the movie, how could I not run today?? Smile

{{{Japan}}}

Good luck to the weekend's racers! Have a great day, all.

MTA: Happy Birthday Woods Lady!!

Henrun

Pretty cool to see Deez at 5 am. On plane 2 to Honolulu good runs all - we'll be on intermittently over the next 2 weeks happy bithday woods lady aloha henrun & marj

Head Procrastinator

Have a great time!! I was going to see if you wanted to meet up for dinner this week but I won't be in Hawaii Smile

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats