Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 1.21.14 (Read 38 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay – what type of mittens do you use? I have some Asics mittens, but they are so long, they seem to reach up to my elbow almost and that is annoying.

Dave – how are the tender parts today?    I have heard other men talk about that difficulty on extremely cold days.  Personally, I often have trouble with frozen butt issues.

TomS – adorable!

Carolyn – glad you made it home, sorry for “Enke.” I haven’t been on FB much this week, but have you uploaded a photo album from your trip?

Breger – nice run!

(((Lamerunner)))

Janie – what part of the country do you live in?

Tet – I have no idea what you said today.  Still love you, though. 

Karin – I am looking forward to hearing (and hopefully seeing pictures) of your Scotland trip.

Overnight snow closed schools again today, and they have already used up their 3-day quota. It is not that we have had so much snow, but that every storm seems to drop the snow after midnight or very early in the morning, so that the roads are still a mess at the start time of school. Wish I could have avoided the drive in to work on the slippery mess, but by the time I came home they were fine. Heading into the deep freeze tonight.

5.7 miles on the TM this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tet - sweet baby. I have to read Posai's instructions every time I want to post a photo, but from now on I may just tap Breger on the shoulder.

3 mile morning run - first was a warm up with Little Walter (it is hard to warm up in single digit temps - even with a dog), the second mile was solo and slow, but then I asked myself - "why are you running at such a slow pace?", so I sped it up and it didn't feel any more difficult. Go figure.

Dave - did you do some online shopping with 24 hour delivery between yesterday and today's low temps?

Ribs - I want to say LA, but there aren't 15 letters. Regardless, I have lived in LA and been to Delaware and I think that is the correct answer, so ... make it so!

LameRunner is running with a fractured rib? Have you tried splinting it? Sorry - you may have mentioned this earlier, just a thought.

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

janie b good

hi holly... pretty close to you actually.  suburb of Columbus.

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

mrrun

Ribs - the answer includes the state if I remember.  We had the puzzle either last week or before.

can anyone help with posting pics from either iPad or iPhone to RA?  If not, sunny Costa Rica will have to wait

be careful everyone in the snows and cold

marj

Mariposai

can anyone help with posting pics from either iPad or iPhone to RA?  If not, sunny Costa Rica will have to wait

I will help you!!! post the pictures on Facebook, then I will post them here. We don't want to wait until you are back to see the pictures.

If you don't know how to post pictures from your iphone to Facebook, I will guide you to that.

Ok, went to Facebook and found these two adorable pictures!

Now you wonder why I am looking forward to hanging out with this adorable couple come May at the Ave of the Giants?

BTW, I am drooling over anything sunny. I have not seeing the sun here for over a week...please send some sunny pictures our way!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Tet, are you thinking borough? We don't have any cities that big... the only one I can think of with 5 letters is Delta, but that's not a big town, population or border-wise.

For Ribs' puzzle, I was also thinking Los Angeles but ran out of letters, even using blank spaces and CA. Hmmmm.... San Francisco? Couldn't be....

Tselbs, that is one adorable baby!

Welcome home, Carolyn. How long does it take to adapt to the altitude again? That's gotta throw your system a loop. Sorry for the Enke, but it does seem to work that way. Running on trails you always worry about tripping on the big scary roots. But it's those little mostly hidden roots and rocks that get you!

So our warm spell continues... A little cooler today, and I was running at lower elevation but still it was 27° and felt wonderful! And it's staying this way for most of the next week (sorry Mike E!). Although we could get freezing rain on Friday, which will suck if it happens. I ran 5.3 miles this afternoon, and the sun was just going down when I was finishing. A little after 4 when I was heading back to my office (ok, yeah, late lunch), it was still light out! That's so cool!

SteveP

Doing Saturday's NY Times crossword and ran into this clue:  "The U.S. city that is approximately the same size in area as the State of Delaware."   15 letters

South Gotham City

Ouch, Lame. 

TS aawwwwww

I hope there are pictures CNY

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

hi holly... pretty close to you actually.  suburb of Columbus.

Very cool!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

NHLA

Rest day. Sunset  Florabamma.

Chicago Illinois ?

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

NHLA - lovely!