Masters Running

Thursday, 12/30/10 stuff (Read 467 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

I'm another Gilligan's fan.  But I wasn't old enough to have the hots for any of them. Joking   Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip... 

Mary, what a sweet picture of Henry!  Looks like he has a nice home.
    Henry, (not the puppy), sorry to hear about the piriformis.  Get better soon.
    Mari, greta tempo run!  And I wanted to mention that your gift from your DS was sweet!

I never posted yesterday's run so I'll post two today:

yesterday: 5.4 miles in shorts and tee, 50°, after work.  I would have run more (leaving less for today) but it was getting dark.

today: 6.3 miles in long pants, two shirts, jacket, hat, gloves.  20° and snowing.   Boy, what a difference a day makes.  I needed the 6.3 miles to reach 900 for the year (and I needed 5.2 to make 100 for the month).  Mission accomplished.  Tomorrow's supposed to be only in the single digits so I wanted to get it done today.  Now I can be a slacker tomorrow. Big grin

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Dave59

4.5 miles for me this morning. There was a freezing rain advisory, but the roads just looked wet so off I went.  I only hit one icy patch where I had to walk carefully.

My in-laws gave me cash for Christmas.  Seems like a funny gift for someone over 50, but I take it and blow it on something I would never buy on my own.  I combined this year's cash with my Michelin tire rebate and bought an iPod Touch. 

The iPad was almost as much as a new laptop and can't do anything I need to do.  I don't really want a smart phone with the additional costs of a data-plan.  So that is how I settled on the iPod Touch.

I've had fun so far.  I can get on the internet, check email, listen to my music, take pictures and videos, etc.  (I'm sure I'm behind the tech curve these days.)  I rented a movie to see what it is like to watch a movie on a 3 inch screen Roll eyes (but I haven't got around to watching it yet.) 

SteveP

Great News About Ben, Woods Lady!! This calls for ice cream.

The Professor should have been voted out. There had to be something about the guy...Out of every one there, he lived lone. Draw your own conclusions. Dawn Wells got a lot of fan mail from prison inmates. I'd have done time for her.

SteveP

Gilligan's Island...yep. Plenty of that when I was younger. A few years ago a friend gave me a CD of some of Jim Bacchus' vocal work...he had an interesting career.

1650 miles for the year....that may be up from last year, but not by much. Maybe I'll hit 2k in 2011. I'm pretty sure that CNY Karin ran twice as many miles as I did in 2010...Ugh.

Thanks for the update about Ben. Good to hear he's doing better.

evanflein

Dave, I love my iPod Touch! Using it right now, in fact. Henry is adorable. Both of them! Human Henry, I hope you feel better soon. In Anchorage today, home tomorrow. Did some shopping and headed out to dinner soon. I ran 3 miles ez on the treadmill before we left this morning. Rest day tomorrow I guess.