Masters Running

Finally Friday, 2/19 Runs, workouts and rests (Read 401 times)

TammyinGP

Tom, you are just the best. You are gone for a week and you still manage to skim the dailies and pick up on the good stuff. I'm so glad you and your wife had a nice getaway. My parents took a 2 wk harley ride one fall and part of their trip was through the sedona area, which I think is about where you were right? They absolutely loved it there and even though their pics were quite impressive, I bet photos still don't do justice to the beauty of it.

4 miles at lunchtime for me. Still sunny but a bit cooler than the last few days. I don't think I started sweating til almost mile 3 this time.  . I was happy with my consistency - 9.20,9.22,9.22,9.22.

Tammy

SteveP

Good to hear your knee flet fine Perch.

That's a pretty good run DG.

(((((Lamerunner's Family)))))

Welcome Back TomS.  It's good to read ya.

I got out of work early and put a few miles in. As sweet as it was outside, I opted for 6...Well I ran outta gas.  I ran a mile up hill....Trotted to the turn aroung....On the way back, I don't know what you'd call it...It wasn't running nor walking...5.25 total. We did see some kids sledding and a couple of them called to Tag. He was good and stayed close.

SteveP

evanflein

I think they call that wogging, Steve... or wunning? Good for Tag to stick by his man!

Gee Tammy, sorry to hear it cooled off a bit for you. I hope you guys will be ok and all...

Hey Tom! Nice summary! Sounds like you had a really good trip. Nice to go find the sun during winter, isn't it?

Lamerunner, so sorry to hear about your daughter's struggles. It's not an easy thing to overcome and I wish you strength and send you hugs to help deal.

It was fun to see people walking on the snowy bike path with their jackets wrapped around their waists on my way back to work. The sun is noticeably warm now and it feels wonderful! It'll cool down next week again, and we could easily have a lot of below zero weather in March. But for now, we're enjoying this respite and soaking it up! I'll be running in the sun this weekend for sure and can't wait! But for now... another 32 minutes (3.88 miles) on the elliptical and a quickie 10 minutes of weighted crunches on the ball, bicep curl/overhead press combos on the Bosu balancer, and 5 chin-ups. Would sure like to get to where I can do those from a full drop each time, but I don't go below halfway down now.

Nine miles on the trails today on what will most likely be my last warm weather run for quite some time. The next time I run on trails there will be snow beneath my feet, but the terrain here will certainly help. Went hiking in Sedona yesterday...Truly Amazing!  If I can figure out how to post pictures I will.
          evanflein

Craneium, you could've met up with TomS for a run in Sedona!!
            Mariposai

If I can figure out how to post pictures I will.

Just ask twocat, he KNOWS it well now!!!!!!

dg, I wish I could ski with you this weekend, hech, I wish I could hang out with you!!!!

Erika, my plan for Wenatchee is very simply as simple my training plan has been...start out slow, get into a strong pace and hold it till the end. I would be foolish to impose any other plan on myself right now with new gig, son graduating from college and other commitments. I am just having so much fun running!

Carolyn, my four blocks are a hair shy of 800ms and they are very flat. So I run the four blocks, go on running two other blocks at a slower pace and then come back to the same blocks for more. It is actually real fun.

divechief, I am no super women. I just love running and that is the only time I can do run for that long of a time and not impact my family time in the evening with the boys.For the records, I am NOT a morning person. I  mornings.

Hurray to TRi_Mrs.-Tramps!!!!! With Mrs. Tramps preparing for her first tri and Mrs. Twocat preparing for her first half marathon my wings are anticipating to do a lot of cheering this spring.

This morning, 5 miles with 5x 1' striders...timeless of course.

And now...where is that choice wine? I am ready for it!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Lamerunner - I'm so sorry to hear your DD is having trouble with eating issues.  That's such a difficult road.  Yesterday my DS was measuring BMI in school, and he came home and measured his 7yo sister, and told me later, "She was a little overweight according to the BMI chart," and I said, "SHHHH!  She is not! Don't you DARE tell her that!"  I have those fears of letting the "I'm fat" monster into her mind, too.

Erika - I can't go fully down on a chin-up, either, in between repeats.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."