Masters Running

Race reports for the May 12 and 13 weekend (Read 23 times)

Mariposai

Wishing all racers good luck.

And happy Mother's day to all the mothers

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

This was a "ah what the heck, why not?" 5K. GD#1 (Norah 3 1/2) called Friday and asked if we could race at the Mesick Mushroom Festival. She didn't have to ask twice.

It's a small event. Maybe 100 people. We could have done the 2K and placed 1st OA. The stubborn old guy signed up for the 5.

400F at start time. No wind and tranquil - IRC baby.

Norah, Avenger Doggie and I waited patiently during the pre-race instructions.

And We're off!!!

The 1st 1/4 mile is paved, wide, flat and fast. When we got on the trails, there were a few more challenges. Of course there's roots, rocks and bumps. There are also limited opportunities to pass. 3/4 of a mile into the race, three walkers we're taking up the entire trail simply gabbing away.

I'm pretty tolerant while pushing a jogger and controlling a mutt. I shouted "Passing on the left". .....Nothing....a few people were backed up behind us and I said "On Your Left!" quite loudly and still nothing.

The third time was the charm "GET OUT OF THE DAMN WAY!". Only one person responded, but she got her chatty buddies to the right.

There are a number of opportunities for support crew to meet along the trails during a short event. Mom, Dad and Grammy cheered Noah and Tag on. I'm simply the chauffeur and pay the fees. Norah kept me level headed. She assured me that there weren't any monsters in these woods. That's good to know.

Norah ran most of the 2nd half. DW paced her off and on.

She had to run fast with the dog.

Your's truly found a beefsteak while out on the course.

We finished in 44 and some change.

It was over too quick.

SteveP

coastwalker

Great RR & photos, Steve. It looks like it was a good time for all 3 of you (and DW too)!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

That does look like good times!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me