Masters Running

Wed Aug 26 Runs and Workouts (Read 411 times)

I could usually get almost 600 miles easily out of my Nimbus, but these Landreths don't even have 450 on them and they're falling apart... literally.

I got about 400 off my last pair of Asics DS Trainers, and thought that a good lifespan. I've had other Asics trail shoes last a little longer, but not much. 600 miles is a long, long time...a durable shoe.

Tramps: isn't it great when you get bowled over with customer service? I'm a sucker for it, and I'm afraid it doesn't happen enough these days.

12.25 today, 1:46:12....miles 6-11 at <7:30 m/m, 1 of them at 7:10. Last mile or so was a heavy, uphill shlog.143/171.

Walt

Mariposai

9 hot miles with last 5 at marathon pace or better. It was hot out there.

hi you all.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Renee the dog

Sue, Nono... thanks for the shoe input.      Nono.... the problem I have with other shoes I try is that they don't let you use your feet like Frees do.   Toes do not operate independantly.   does that make sense?   Of the shoes you wear, (wrote them down, thanks)  which seem closest to the Frees?    i'll get more of those too, & a backup pair is a good idea, but think alternating might be good.    What do you think about the lunar trainers?  I got a pair of those & the gliders yesterday, but doubt I'll keep them. 

I have LunaRacers, not the Trainers...LunaRacers are nuts! Remember the old Moon Bounce kids "ride"? I feel like I'm running on that for the first mile everytime I run in them.  But, I gotta say, they flex pretty good in the forefoot, though not as much as a Free.

Probably, I'd say the Mizuno Wave Revolvers are most similar to a Free 5.0, but are way more low profile. I think that model has been discontinued (too, as have the LunaRacers) so might be hard to find.

I just take any shoe I see and hold it vertically, with the toe pointing down, touching a counter or other horizontal surface.  Then I apply pressure and see how much flex is in the forefoot.  I need flex or I get all sorts of aches and pains.  Once I figured out the flex is what the Frees were giving me, it opened me up to a lot of shoes that work. 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

hi friends- 4 miles yesterday before going into work........debated on nap or run and since i'd already missed 2 days i went with the run -- wasn't fun working 12 hours on no sleep but that's how it goes sometimes

tonight took part in a cross country relay race my track group was doing..........unfortunately the directions were awful and several of us were "lost" or at the wrong entrance of the reservation so took forever to get to the right entrance....

did 1/4 mile warmup -- my 2.5 mile leg of the relay in 22:45 -- 1/4 mile cooldown ......... then the ride home was a nightmare due to road construction..........not enough miles for the amount of time i was out of the house but it was a lot of fun while there and the t-shrit is cute!!

oh and i met BadDawg!!

and Holly your daughter looks like a scream!! 

denise

evanflein

Deb, I'm hoping this holds for awhile. He did find a crack in there, but it was curved around and headed back up so not down into the root. If it's a root crack, there's nothing they can do but pull it. And because my teeth on either side of this one are "virgin" teeth (I did chuckle when he said that) they'd prefer to do an implant rather than bridge, etc which can damage the neighbor teeth.

I always heard root canals were painful, and maybe back a few years they were. Now? No problem. Just a little more involvement than getting a filling! Much less hassle then getting a crown... BUT... they tell you at least two or three times that you'll feel "soreness or tenderness for a couple of days" because of all the grinding, drilling, poking and whatnot they do in there. What they mean to say is... After the numbness wears off, you'll feel such awful pain that you wondered why in the hell you ever consented to this procedure! I'm miserable, after two vicodin and a couple glasses of wine... Oy.

I did decide to take advantage of my almost-worn-off numb state, lack of vehicle (DH took my car back to work) and impending meeting to decide to get my 10+ mile run in at the same time! 10.3 miles @ 8:16 avg pace, 1.5 hour meeting on the upcoming marathon/ultra, then .7 miles at EZ PZ pace (9 m/m) to DH's office. By then, all numbing agents had fully worn off and my mouth was vibrating with pain. Popped a vicodin with 2 glasses of water, and he took me home. Sure hope things get better tomorrow.

SteveP

Holly, your picture made my day

(((((Erika)))))

SteveP