Masters Running

Sunny Sunday runs (Read 303 times)

CNY, nice job on your 5K race.  SLO, I'm happy that you got your first run in since 27 Sep.  deez, good job on your relay team participation.

Nice long runs for mariposai, evan, CNY, holly, and dg.

This morning it was in the low 20s and their was a light wind.  I got in 7miles (the same as hallar down the road did except his was faster) in about 1:08:30 for a 9:47 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

wildchild

Carolyn

Karin, I love your new running elf avatar!
      Perch, your new avatar is great, too. You look so happy! Or maybe just maniacal?
      SloHand, congrats on your return to running!  Nice early Christmas present.
      Nice long runs for Karin, Holly, and Deb!
      SteveP, Tag is a good crime fighter but maybe that lady who made the crime fighting outfits for the Incredibles was right about no capes. They just get in the way.
      Teresa, with 3 kids, how come you were the one out shoveling?  Or were they helping too? We don't bother to plow until we get close to a foot of snow - less than that, we just drive through it.  Does make some bad frozen ruts, though. 

Erika, it's odd that it's warmer in Fairbanks today than in Denver.  We had a high of 7° today and about 3" of new snow. 

The new snow plus the windblown drifts it covered up made the footing bad for running, but I did take the dogs for a walk, about 1.3 miles, then went to the rec center and ran 6 miles on the indoor track and did a bunch of weight machines.  I took breaks from running after miles 3 and 5 to work out because all that running in a circle was making me crazy.  6 miles is 96 laps (100 meter track).

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Quick posting here to post a 2 slow recovery miles. Busy finishing up with the painting (BTW, DS did a great job painting) but I still had to do the trim.. and start moving my office junks tomorrow.

Tonight my DH and I are going to a German Christmas party at a friend's house.

My wings are getting fatter by the day!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Have a great time Maraposai and Happy St. Nicholas Day to all!
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

Carolyn - DH and middle child were at church, taking stuff down (we meet in a school, so everything has to be removed).  DH said to wait until we got home, but oldest DS and I decided to surprise them and get the shoveling done before they got home.  We could find only two good shovels, so I had DD do laundry instead!

Our driveway is curved and sloped, so if we don't get it cleared off after each storm, it gets pretty treacherous!  We've had a couple of friends' cars slide off in the past.

Good job doing 6 miles on the indoor track - I know that experience is in my near future.  19 laps to a mile, blech.  Still better than the TM for me.

Renee the dog

Hi folks!  Had a whirlwind day yesterday with Santa events, so only squeezed in 1 mi (1 mile!) on the TM.  Today, we were wallpapering and got to a point where I noticed a hairline crack in the drywall.  Luckily, I had some quick dry spackle on hand, so that gave me almost an hour to go out and run a bit while it dried.  Renee and I ended up doing 4 miles.

Can anyone explain to me why 36 ºF feels about 50º cooler than 42ºF??  I ran my last race in a singlet and shorts and today I had on pants, a tech short sleeve and a sweatshirt for a day that was only 6 º cooler?   And I was cold?   Wind was about the same both days. 

Anyway, wallpaper in the den/dining/kitchen is almost DONE!  I'm going to love it in the spring & summer. I have a problem with that room in the winter -- it's too summery (and too airy and big) in the winter.  The wallpaper wasn't meant to solve that problem, and it hasn't. 

Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday evening. 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

evanflein

Well that was disappointing. After what seemed like an hour getting ready, I made it about 500 ft before turning around and heading for home. Foot is sore on the inside just above the arch, can't ignore it. Some swelling, but I can't tell just what the heck is wrong with it. I guess this is an unscheduled rest day and I'll be back in the pool tomorrow.
                dg.

sigh, still behind, so just a couple of things.

Erika, I am so sorry.  I hope it will be ok quickly, you really ramped up with all those doubles.... but it did seem like you were being careful & mixing up what you did.   this really stinks.  (((())))

thanks Holly!  I was thinking the same thing about your workout after you 18 miler.   I skipped most the leg things because both of my knees are a little iffy & my hamstrings keep reminding me they are there.   (annoying.  kind of like clippy.  ;-) )   But I agree with getting legwork in the same day as a run so that then they really have a rest day.   I've noticed you've been doing this for a while.. do you vary it depending on if you have any soreness?

a couple of things from Saturday (not sure if I've read the whole thing yet...)   

Teresa, thanks for telling me that!  Smile.   I'm so glad.  ok, we can be each other's phantom police car.  I thought about you today when I wanted to stop later in my run.   Now I am trying to figure out when it's smart to ease up a bit & when it's not.  I'm pretty sore now.  though I guess I usually am after a longer run.  (well, for me)

SteveP... that was such a sweet thing to say.   thank you.  You made my day.    ...  Everyone already knows that they should meet you if they ever get the chance.  

Sadie wants a picture of Tag in his cape.

Tree moving???

TomS...  congratulations!  I was just wondering the other day if you were still doing your race a month.  Wow!   and congratulations on your AG placement too.   Very Cool.  Big grin

no, Nono, I don't know.   but I've noticed the same thing.  ... today, I kept getting colder which I think is weird.  My polar tracks the temperature.. I don't know quite how it works but it kept getting lower. 

hmm.  wonder how you can make those rooms more winter friendly.       

Carolyn, that makes me dizzy just thinking about it.  I have a hard enough time on my track (when I'm not falling on it) & it's 200 meters. 

nice running, walking & everything, everybody.

mta... I forgot the main reason I got on here to post.   I wonder how Leslie did?   She ran her 50K today!  I just checked, no results are posted yet.   but here is the site.  www.othtc.com/ultra/index.htm

I have some Corona Lights chilling in the fridge for this evening (how early can I officially start evening?),

12:01 PM

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM