Masters Running

Tuesday, May 4 Runs and happenings ..... (Read 512 times)

SteveP

Sorry to hear about Fatso, Leslie.

SteveP

I saw something yesterday while driving up to pick up my DS that has stayed with me, and I'm not a particular pet/animal person. Driving through Flint on I-75 it's a typical urban freeway: 3 lanes each way with a concrete barrier between. A car ahead of me swerved slightly and I instinctively lifted up on the gas, and then I saw why he had swerved.

There was a dog on the very narrow left "shoulder" between the left lane and the concrete divider. The area on the right side of the freeway was grassy, and the only way the dog could have gotten to where he was was to have come from there and crossed all three lanes of steady 70mph traffic! Now he was turned around looking back where he'd come from, with the only way out to cross back across the lanes.

All this transpired in just a couple of seconds, and then I was past him and quickly lost sight of him in the rearview mirror. But I thought about him for a long time. The most hopeful thing I could come up with was that, if he was smart enough to have crossed once, maybe he would be able to make it again. But at that place where he was, there was simply no way for anyone to have helped him without putting themselves in serious danger. I hope nobody lost their pet that day!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

lamerunner

Hello

Felt like a long day. 8 miles this morning, low 60s and sunny. Legs pretty good. I intended to swim later but work/life got in the way. Maybe tomorrow. I think I need a vacation. Unrealistic and ungrateful clients are wearing me out.

Sorry to hear about fatso. Our cats are 14, 13 and almost 11 so we will be dealing with this stuff soon.

Karin, great running and sweating so soon after a marathon!

dg I hope things are ok....

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

10 PM.  Run done.  What a day.