Masters Running

NCT "Do-Over" Marathon RR (Read 310 times)

xor

Good job! Glad you had a good race, and it certainly helps to put the not-so-good race behind you. And I might add: from a formatting and presentation perspective, I think this is one of the best race reports I've ever encountered. It clearly required a bit of work. Really, really cool. BTW, I traveled to Richmond last year and felt so poorly that I didn't even start the race. I'll go back some year to rectify this. You plan on going back?

Congratulations on a great race Tramps. I'm so glad that you are able to put that DNF behind you with such a successful race. That looks like a really nice course and you had great weather as well. Things really came together for you even as you struggled with some hamstring issues in those final miles (I know what that's like). A 10 minute PR is pretty special and I would have to say that it appears that you are well on your way to that sub 3:30. Congrats again on a superbly well run race.
      Tramps

Thanks for all the supportive comments. It’s always especially meaningful coming from runners who know about this stuff. Perch—it is a very nice course and one worth considering doing if you like these small races. Aamos—thanks for the scouting tips on this race! lamerunner—somehow I suspect I wouldn’t like the trail as much if it was warm and humid Wink srlopez—do I get points for neatness, too?! Tongue It’s been slow but steady improvement for me for three years: 2006--4:04 2007-- 3:47 2008-- 3:37 I guess sub-3:30 will be the goal for 2009! Smile Thanks again.

Be safe. Be kind.