Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 9.14.17 (Read 34 times)

evanflein

ps Erika - how's Equinox looking this year?

<<<(snow/snow)>>>

The weather is looking just about perfect, if not a little chilly at the start (might be in the upper 30's). It's always tricky to dress for, because I really need gloves and long sleeves at the start, but usually neither by the finish. I'll probably wear something with sleeves though just because my hands ache when they and my forearms get cold.

Gorgeous day here today, went for  walk at lunchtime. Bib pick up is tonight, and I'll hit the store to make sure I have everything I need for before, during and after the run.

Twocat, you were going to Australia for something else, and taking advantage of the marathon being at the same time, right? I hope you can go, but don't push it. Pain free solid food ingestion would be a good bar to have to meet.

Cool about your DD's book, RunnerKSA. She certainly is a good mix of talent, leanings and profession!

Jay, I'd have to try it to say for sure, but last night's dinner doesn't sound like something I'd order. Like Twocat's DW, I tend to avoid anchovies.

Ok, gotta get back to work. I'm finding that with running a little less this week, I've actually caught up a wee bit at work. Not a lot, but hey.

Marathon Maniac #957

You just might be a redneck if.....

my buddy stopped counting his guns at 105

so

I conclude we still have 90 more to go thru

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Carolyn - don't forget that we have met you two other times when you were driving cross country to see DD and stopped by. 

Twocat - I am pulling for you!

Spacity Runner - hey, we have cool marathons in the Midwest, too!

Erika and Tet - I was pretty sure that the R&R Seattle Marathon was 2011 - am I wrong?

5 miles for me this morning in 65-ish degrees

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

4 miles this morning at a snail's pace. But it followed my return to yoga yesterday after a summer off.

I also love our meet ups with other RA'ers.

Spacity, definitely come visit us again, NHand Maine have a lot of fun races.

Tramps, I've done 2 centuries- one on each coast.

Hopes mom-I take a power nap almost every day- but I'm old, I need to😎

Holly, we ran in Scranton this summer when we visited my daughter but it wasn't a marathon or even a race.

evanflein

Erika and Tet - I was pretty sure that the R&R Seattle Marathon was 2011 - am I wrong?

Nope, it was 2009, the inaugural year for that race and just weeks (days?) after Michael Jackson died. Besides, in 2011 that's the year I did 4 marathons in the month of June, the first being Newport with Mariposai.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Twocat--that would really stink if you are not able to go on your trip to Australia.  Good luck with that.

Oh, KSA--my dream is to write a book and have it published.  Congratulations to your daughter.

This group--that means all of you--have meant so much to me and my running.  I love it when I can, actually, meet one of you in person.

My run today was really fun.  I was scheduled for an easy 6 miler but the kids were doing 1000 meter repeats--ranging from 4 to 7 intervals.  It was hot and humid and the kids suffered through it.  I started out with the top girls and pushed them pretty hard.  Because they're only 8th graders, they only did 4 so I just kept running with whomever I could and pushed them through their interval.  I thought I was done, when I girl waved me to come with her.  I thought she was just finishing and wanted somebody to push her to the finish but she had about 800 meters to go still.  She struggled but she made it.  Tough kid. Have I ever told you guys how much I love running with those kids?  I ended up with 7.2 miles.

Ryan comes home tonight for a week.  I can't wait to spend some tome with that kid.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Hi Friends!!

TwoCat - I hope you recover well an are able to go on your trip!! Did you end up putting together a Rosie Ruiz team this year? I am feeling that wish I was in a van feeling right now, but know I am doing the right thing and just plugging along with training for MCM.

PBJ - we definitely need to meet up at MCM. I'm going with a group of women from my Sole Sisters running club, leaving DH and the rest of my fan club at home. 

Erika and Holly - Scranton PA isn't really all that far from Boston - come up for a visit!! I still remember worrying about you two when you were staying in the "round" hotel!!

OrangeMat is in Boston this week, but once again we can't seem to match up our free time -- I am really hoping we can manage a lunch at least on her next trip up in October.

I've always loved RA meetups and hope to be part of more in the future!!

7.2 miles with trails and the 9r/1w pattern. My Garmin does not track well in the trails and it really annoys me!! My friend mapped out a 6.2 mile route with 2 sections of trails and when we finished that route her watch was exactly 6.2 while mine lagged behind at 5.9 -- that frustrates me to no end but I know there are worse things in life. I used the 6.2 in my log because of her watch and the fact that she mapped it out online. I added another road mile on when we were finished just because......actually not sure the trails are the best surface for my heel/foot right now anyway.

denise

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Just read a story that Dave McGillivray is putting on a marathon inside Fenway park tomorrow night. There's only one aid station, but you pass it 116 times. 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

Erika and Holly - Scranton PA isn't really all that far from Boston - come up for a visit!! I still remember worrying about you two when you were staying in the "round" hotel!!

I know, La Tortuga wants us to stop by on our way to Vermont. We should see if we can at least get a lunch set up or something! And yeah, we were surprised to have you tell us that hotel was in a not-so-good part of town. We thought it was fine, not far from a big hospital and bus stops. But we did go for a run the morning before Boston and I remember thinking there were some sketchy sections we went through. We got an awesome rate though, and there were a ton of other Boston runners staying there, so it was all good.

mrrun

Erika & Holly - Make sure you check out the inside of the Radisson Lackawanna hotel while you're in Scranton - it's historic.

Erika - are you going to vermont after the marathon - can you at least plan a lunch somewhere?  some of us met mike when he was running his crazy 5 and we could do that again!

marj

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Erika & Holly - Make sure you check out the inside of the Radisson Lackawanna hotel while you're in Scranton - it's historic.

Erika - are you going to vermont after the marathon - can you at least plan a lunch somewhere?  some of us met mike when he was running his crazy 5 and we could do that again!

marj

2nd that request

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.