Masters Running

Saturday runs, dissertations and what have you (Read 408 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Nono is obviously a Mets fan Wink Lat night was painful to watch, even though Beckett did look pretty impressive. Aamos--I think you may have to stand in line along with most of Red Sox nation to to get that boot in! Twocat--since I'm follically challenged, I don't consider a headband acceptable as a fashion statement. I think a real running hat would be a lot better. I think I'll ask for one for my birthday coming up. a lot more likely to get that than the Garmin I'd like to ask for Smile fatozog--thanks for the link on yesterday's thread. I think I may pass that on to the powers that be (see above) Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

Twocat, yes I always hear it's something that teenagers go through and I remember plenty of "down" days myself. But his "downs" are serious and don't "feel" right to me. I was very glad we got him counseling, some very informal one-on-one sessions with a social worker who gave him lots of insight into why he might be feeling the way he does and how to take responsibility for your feelings/moods, etc. I think it really helped, and most of all it helped DS deal with his dad and some social situations that were difficult. So, it was good to do. Also, with the history of depression in my family and what I see in DH's family... I didn't want to just hope it went away. I childhood friend of mine lost her son to suicide last year and she told me "parents who ignore the signs in their children end up burying them..." I didn't want to go there... Ok, all the sad talk was yesterday, so I'm done now. (other than to send big hugs to Nono and her family) Larry, hope you can be a loser too! Big grin It was hard to be up a couple of pounds after that amazing dinner Thursday night, but hey, I tell myself I just need it for my long runs this weekend! Holly, I'm just amazed at how you can go to the gym, what is it all week now? and not have anyone say anything to you! Wow... that's really some sort of management plan they have going there. I think you should keep it up as long as you can! And if anyone says anything to you, just say "yeah I'm here to start my 30 day free trial..." Evil grin Sort of cloudy and sprinkly this morning. We had such a busy week the whole crew is still sleeping... well I guess just DH and DS2 and the dog. DS1 got up early for soccer practice and I'm finishing up coffee cup #1... I have 9 miles scheduled today, might make it 10 just cuz that's the route I want to do. I have 19 tomorrow... and not sure I'm ready for it but we'll see how far I get. Garden work on tap this weekend, it's loving the cool damp weather (except the beans....).
      SteveP

NoNo, it's good your sister gets a break. Hang in there. Every time we get rain Peter, I think of you guys down there. Our lake levels are finally starting to come up. DW is taking DS to a Beach Bums game tonight Holly. Hopfully all the Mom/Son outings rock today. 3.1 miles today. Details to follow.

SteveP

Nono is obviously a Mets fan Wink Lat night was painful to watch, even though Beckett did look pretty impressive. Aamos--I think you may have to stand in line along with most of Red Sox nation to to get that boot in! Twocat--since I'm follically challenged, Kevin
          Taking a break as the Yankees get on the scoreboard, who needs to see that, and ARod hammering the Monster, next comes the pacing. LOL at "follically challenged" Big grin --at least it got me to lighten up! back to Fenway... grins, A
          Masters 2000 miles
            An hour ez run plus an hour of weights mixed with core work this morning. Did lots of shopping with the girls to get ready for going up to to Temagami. My parenets are picking them up on Monday so they can have a few days with the girls ahead of my getting there on Friday (some of us have to work)...I cannot wait to get up and do some fishing and camping with the girls. I am taking them on a 2 day whitewater canoe trip for their first time ever. They are excited. Take care everyone. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

munchkn883

Think I'll just rest today and walk in the morning. Back was hurting a bit last night. Twocats -- the "883" stands for my first Harley...it was a black Sportster 883. Now I have a bright yellow Harley Hugger. Need to get a pic of us and post.
                Twocat - I've done a couple of biathlons, [ run 3, swim 800 meters ] My first love has always been swimming but until now I haven't had access to a 84 degree pool. Has to be a warm pool, I'm not 22 anymore. Smile Rest day today, reading and weeding.
                evanflein

Back from 10 miles on rolling hills (and one steep one!), 8:15 avg pace. Felt sort of muggy when I started out but the humidity was "only" 70%... for us that's pretty high but I know for some of you that would be delightful. Still, pretty much IRC after being cool and sprinkly this morning. Good run with miles 4, 5 and 8 at about HM pace. Mile splits: 8:15, 8:03, 8:49, 7:51, 7:55, 8:03, 8:19, 7:41, 8:54, 8:39 (You can sure tell where the ups and downs were!). I'd like to say my HM pace is about 7:50... not sure how long I could maintain that though. Last year's PR time was 8:01 average, which was right at what I was trying to maintain (well, goal was 8 even). This year I've picked this race as one of my "goal" races to PR... and seeing as how I haven't PR'd at anything this year except Boston... well I think it's time! Tallrunner sounds like a great trip with your girls. Enjoy... Now time to do some weeding and laundry and such... I have the rest of the day to putter around the house and yard. Love it. Smile
                    Tallrunner- enjoy your break w/ the girls: there's nothing like waking up with nothing better to do than hang out with my two girls. Doesn't happen enough. Evanflein- sounds like a pretty good run you got in. I (finally) managed to get in 8.2 rolling trail miles, 9:24, 144/176 MLR tomorrow.
                    pfriese

Good Saturday evening everyone, I went for my fourth daybreak run of the week, 8.1 miles around the lake. After finishing that, came home and loaded up the bicycles for a 14.5 mile ride with youngest DD. Have a great weekend, Paul
                        14.62 Miles today (there's a bridge out on the trail so we had to head back at 7.31 miles - 2:00:14 (8:14) 76 degrees & a little more humid. What are we gonna do now Amos - those freaking BASEBALL YANKEES... Angry
                          nono, best wishes for your mom and dad. Twocat and Aamos, nice races. Nice long runs for maine, Peter, Dave, BC, evan, and maine. This morning, I did a 10K and will get to a report later today or tomorrow. A good day and good runs for all. TomS