Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 5.30.17 (Read 34 times)

What are you saying about age differences, Leslie? Those are very close to the ages of myself and my DW when we met and later got married. And is Erika's new title "MIL2B"?

Well, I said I wouldn't come back 'til Jay came back, and here I am! This is a catch-up on my weekend activities when I was too busy to show up here:

Saturday - A very sluggish 7 miles. Poor sleep the night before and I felt it.

Sunday - Another carpy-feeling run, this time only 4 miles. Hard to believe I ran a strong 10K only a week before.

Monday - Really nice day and rode 16 miles with my DW, stopping at a diner for lunch  at the turnaround. At least the breeze was behind us on the way back, just as we'd planned it.

Today - 34 miles with the Tuesday guys' s group. On the way back the wind really kicked up and I fought against it head-on for over 12 miles. I was geared down like I was going up a 5% grade except that with the wind you never get over the top!

I'm leaving on Saturday for Gettysburg, PA and the start of a 4-day Civil War bike tour. Looks like fun and the riding shouldn't be too bad even though I'm not in prime cycling shape right now. I might post something during the trip if I get a chance.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

flats

turtle runner eximious

7 miles of interval tonight. Lots of sweat involved.

Michael

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I went 1.8 miles, today, just to see how things felt...and so that I could end the month on a whole number.  It went okay.  Then I did more yard work.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

evanflein

10k after work for me tonight, gets me to 201.6 miles for the month, so far. But I'm not done yet!

SteveP

Jay is back!! Life is good.

Tramps, thank you for the movie reviews. Believe it or not, I usually prefer something a little quirky. There are a number of titles that have been hyped up only to be a let down. However, who could possible be disappointed in "Avalanche Sharks" or "Zombie Croc"?Simply be reading the title, the viewer has a good idea as to what they are in for.

I understand about not wanting to come back to a work disaster, Holly.  I've told my boss that, if what I did was really that important, someone would be assigned when I'm off.

Leslie had four miles!!! YAY!!!!

We spent a nice chunk of time with FIL over the weekend. MIL is in desperate need of a break. FIL had had lying down on the floor meltdowns, cried when hs soda pop has spilled and wandered off and gotten lost when MIL fell asleep while watching TV.  Monday, he though my DW was a distant cousin. While the two of them went touring, I got 4 and a half miles in with a few dogs.

Early saturday, the kids started calling because of a video on the news. It shows a guy hauling out an ATM and replacing it with an crate containing a new machine. It happened at two hotels.

The crates were empty.

The kids were all upset because it looks like their uncle. The crates look like something he'd build. Our nephew's birthday was Sunday. I didn't go to the party. Monday AM I called the tip line. After I got home from work Tuesday, a good friend who is a police officer, called DW and said BIL had been arrested and the family needed help. My sister in law was clueless as were the kids.

I talked with the other sibs. DW is pretty sure we'll be hated if it comes out that I dropped the dime.

SteveP