Masters Running

Sunday March 28th Runs, RACES and all the rest.... (Read 464 times)

Maniac 505

Nono:  Welcome to the asylum!

I was waiting to hear how ribs did,  sorry it wasn't quite the time you hoped for, but CONGRATS!!!

Mari:  Awsome run,  You are going to be so far ahead of me.  I can't wait to see how you do in a couple weeks.

Mary:  thanks for the puppy pics. 

Good runs people and a big congrats to Henry and Marg for the hardware!

big storm tons of rain today,  My work week will end one day early this week (tomorrow) so I will maybe get my last long run in Friday.  

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Nono is really cool.  She has a great family.  She lives in a wonderful town.  And she knows the best place to go potty before the race.  And, her husband is a saint.  I just ran the 10 miler but wanted to get 14 miles in today.  No problem. He met me at the 14 mile marker (two kids in carseats in the back, one asleep, one bored but well-behaved).  I hopped in, smelling as fresh as an old shoe, and he drove me to the marathon finish (where our car was parked).

Then he drove back and met Nono a few more times on this point to point course from Cape May to Sea Isle City.

We just got home 30 minutes ago, ferry rides, bridges and tunnels... We listened to "Born To Run" on the way up and on the way home.  (We're not finished with it yet.  It's a great book but, so far, the book makes me feel pretty stupid)

Nono had great back to back marathons. I'm so happy for her.

I wish I would have run the marathon because it is the cutest medal I have ever seen.  But.  I am so HAPPY that I did not run the marathon because I have never experienced so much wind in all my life.  Wind is seldom my friend.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

evanflein

Wind isn't my friend either. Glad you had a good time with Nono and her brood. And so proud of Nono for completing her 2nd in 2 weeks! That's a rough way to gain entry into the Maniacs, but glad to have you!

So many good runs and races today. Wow, what a group.

Steve, I remember when we ran Boston in 2008 those Wellelsy (sp?) girls were amazingly loud. BTB warned us about half a mile away what that noise was. I hope you get to high five the lineup again this year!

Mariposai, that's quite the run, grrl. I save those 23 milers for pre-ultra runs! Sounds like you are so ready for your marathon, and glad you found a gel that'll work for you.

Awesome vacation for SteveP, but poor DW had a rough time and I hope her parents recover soon. I bet Tag was happy to see Daddy come home.

I ran 15 miles today, giving me 24.5 for the weekend and 43 for the week. That's a good cutback week, but I sure wish I was heading into taper. Oh well. Perch and I will be doing the short taper thing this year, which works just fine for me, but I'm tired of the long runs and want to be done with them for awhile. I went out towards (and past) my parents house, which except for one big hill in mile 3 is mostly downhill, and as it turns out with a tailwind today. I turned around at mile 8 and met the wind that had been at my back. Ugh. It wasn't "bad" just annoying. Wind makes it really hard to judge my pace, and I'm bad enough at proper pacing anyway. A good run though, but I was tired and glad to be done. Temps got up to 48° today, how cool is that??