Masters Running

Post some fast running songs here (Read 597 times)

Tramps

...old time boomer music... Heh! Big grin
    Just to be clear, I'm not knocking it! I've loaded up some Velvet Underground, Aretha Franklin, Iggy Pop, Creedence, Steppenwolf, the Who, Wilson Pickett, Yes....etc, etc. etc. Good stuff there.

Be safe. Be kind.

TammyinGP

I like Nickelback for some fast running music - Flat on the Floor is a good one and the one that Chad Kroeger does with Santana - Into the Night. Back in Black by AC/DCis a good too.

Tammy

Ooops. I was going to put what genre I am looking for but I like so many and decided that I didnt really care which one. Just looking for fast so I can keep moving. As of now on my ipod is rock, classic rock, alternative rock, jazz, blues, techno and pop. Kev, I am sure you know OAR. They perform here often. Anyhow they are OAR, Of a Revolution. Great stuff. Fast and upbeat. Love it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O.A.R. I have a lot of Chili Peppers already. Actually I think between my daughter and I we have everything they have released. I like Green Day and Linkin Park so I might try some more of them. Thanks. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Hey there Flyin! How are the injuries healing by the way. My last fast run was with you at the Jolly Jaunt. Anyway.....Salt-n-Pepa have helped me through many tempo runs and up over hills! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auMrN_d_kTo My musical taste is quite eclectic and includes a great deal of what's been mentioned already and a great deal more. Women's Health magazine on-line version as well as Runner's World, Self and a few other fitness magazines have playlists you can download from their sites. Enjoy and Maybe I'll see you around soon! CNYyrunner
          Tramps

I've got all the Solarmixes and would like to add to my collection.
            Kevin, do you have the URL for these? I downloaded a few but haven't looked for new stuff in a long time and I don't have the address anymore.

Be safe. Be kind.

Rock Lobster-The B52s...My all time fave
              Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                Salt-n-Pepa have helped me through many tempo runs and up over hills!
                I have this on my IPod too CNY. Great song for tempo running.

Once a runner . . .

Tramps

Rock Lobster-The B52s...My all time fave
                  Watch out for that piranha Big grin I was inspired by this thread to start a free music download thread that hopefully we can keep around. Check it out and add some tunes if you've got 'em.

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

http://www.noao.edu/staff/mpenn/personal/solarmix11.mp3 Tramps, this is just for solarmix11, but i think it gets you into the folder where they all exist. ETA: just chop off the "solarmix11.mp3" at the end

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tramps

Thanks, Kevin. Also, I found this old thread on what people had loaded on their iPods: http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/02d1a900d69e4cf896072646e4fd51de#focus Haven't read it yet, but you might get some ideas.

Be safe. Be kind.

Karen, No races since the Jolly Jaunt? Is this what you normally do during winter? Downloadable playlists is exactly what I need. I have ran once in the last 2 months. I was at the gym the other day when I realized I was bored with my old songs and needed something to pick me up. Hopefully I will be running in a month. Dang leg just doesnt heal. But then again it could be due to be beating it up all the time. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

I vote for good old rock'n'roll, Buddy Holly, Bill Haley and the Comets, maybe Elvis if you like that kind of thing. Nice fast tempo.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.