Masters Running

Saturday Runs and Mischief (Read 328 times)

Skip the 20 Holly.  Run 10 or so if you feel like it but less would be even better.  You don't need five 20 milers anyway.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

My plan for this past week was supposed to have been to run early nearly every morning, teach at music camp from 9 'til noon, and kayak every afternoon.  Last Sunday's biking-plus-bad-acrobatics turned the actual week into:  figure out how aggravate the fewest injuries while slowly getting out of bed every morning, teach music camp, sleep every afternoon.  Oh, I did work as a docent on two wonderful beach walks and hung out at the bay, whining 'cause I couldn't paddle, a couple of times.  No running since last Saturday - longest I haven't run since last October.  We plan, God laughs?

Finally got out on the water today - kayaked for almost 1-1/2 hours with only a little soreness in my shoulder and rib cage.  Going to try a short run tomorrow morning, IF my hip cooperates. 

The good news is that the music camp was AWESOME beyond our wildest expectations.  This was a first-time endeavor, so we had no clue how many kids would actually show up, and we ended up with 35 third-to-eighth graders and 14 3-year-olds through second graders.  I taught the older kids and they were such a pleasure!  (I enjoyed the little ones from afar.)  The little performance last evening was a blast and they're already talking about next year. 

Now if I could only figure out how to make a living teaching 3 hours a day and doing guided beach walks two evenings a week . . . . . .

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Eliz, cool about the music camp!  It's neat they're already excited about next year.  I wish more kids received a decent music education these days.  DD plays piano, so she's set, but the boys didn't play guitar very long, and I feel as if they're illiterate.  The elementary music teacher was kind of mean - didn't exactly inspire a love of music in her students!

MTA:  Sarge, Ben True is a very nice young man.  Last year we ran into him when he was workiing in a local running store, and he spent quite awhile talking to my sons.  They were so excited!  I wish I had seen him finish the race, but I was 31 minutes behind him, lol.

Easy 7 miles with DW today. One really steep  hill in the run but very enjoyable. The base building continues.

teresa, good job in your 5mile race, beating your goal, having your sons do well, and seeing lots of friends.  jlynnne, congrats on your 5k PR and 2nd in AG.

Nice long runs for holly and breger.  Good job on the speedwork for dg.

This morning it was in the low 50s with a little wind.  I got in 5 miles in about 49 minutes for a 9:48 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

wildchild

Carolyn

Welcome back, PDR!  Good to see you posting again!

Nice racing forJeanneand Teresa + kids!

Eliz, glad to hear your music camp was a sucess - I think they're so good for kids.  DD just got back from a week-long music camp where she did both choir and concert band, and she had a wonderful time. She's even considering minoring in music in college.

I waited till the sun was dropping below the ridge at about 5 pm to head out for a run.  About 70° and 44% humidity.  Total of 6.3 miles, the first 2.3 miles with the dogs.  I ran all the hills again today - very slowly, but it's an improvement over my usual walk breaks.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Ran a 5K Race.  Got beat by an 85 yr. old, and didn't even PR. What? A good race anyway, and fun, too.  Woods Lady
                SteveP

Holly, I swear you have powers.

Sounds like a nice day Nono

Kewl avatar Breger

I know what you mean Teresa. I slouch amongst the mighty runners here....At least I've got my looks

Sweet Sarge. You and DW will have a blast!!!

PDR!!!! OMG!!!! Good to see ya.

Now if I could only figure out how to make a living teaching 3 hours a day and doing guided beach walks two evenings a week . . . . . .

Eliz

Try free guided trips out and charge to get the campers back all safe like.

Kewl running with your DW Craneium

3 hound assisted miles. I saw poison ivy 3 times. There was some jewel weed along the route, so I grabbed it and rubbed it along the current rashes. As soon as we got back...The dog got a bath, just in case he got into it....Poor guy...Then I got one...That's like twice today...

There were ripe red raspberries all over the place, but I prolly won't go back there till after the first serious frost.  At least until we see what kind of tolerance I have now. I can buy the berries in the store. Cheaper than a Dr. visit.

Woods Lady, You rock.

SteveP

Maniac 505

ez Peezee 3 miles yeaterday night and tonight to test out my knee,  It feels pretty good.  looking forward to the chance to see Erika,  Mari, and Tet Tuesday night.  also looking forward to slogging through the San Francisco marathon in about a week.