Masters Running

Thursday, July 22 - The Daily News (Read 641 times)

lamerunner

Wannabe, I did not mean to alarm you, just caution you...  My injury last summer snuck up on me; I had mild foot pain which I ran through for two weeks, then I did a 5k and it exploded. Running one day; limping the next( actually  limping the last mile of the race).  Tendon issues can be tricky. It probably did not help that I hiked a Presdential Traverse in worn out trail shoes shortly after the pain started ... in retrospect I should never have run the 5k;  I really, really did not want to run it ( listen to your inner voice, folks), but it was an office thing, I had signed up, I am one of the faster people, blah blah. CNY said it best; you are fast, strong and have a long running career, but staying in one piece is important.

I gave up on tonight's 5k . The volunteer coordinator never got back to me and I got tied up at work, so I added a swim to the day, 1500 yards and it felt great.

Great workout CNY!! 

Not sure what to say about the bankruptcy lawyer with shin tatoos... I am a bankruptcy lawyer. is that my future??? ( Yes, I just discovered the emoticons...)

Cheers!

I must have had the most boring run today. No animals , no flaming anythings, no jello shots, no tramp stamp sightings, no Thermi,  just 3.5 rainy miles at an easy pace.

I think Thermos is a brand name of a thermal cup or pitcher.?????

Holly,

How did it go today?

Good runs everyone

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

I look my best blurry!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramp_stamp

Jello Shots

There you have it!

And CNY made some outrageous claims about a little ole wannabe!  I'm giddy!  Thanks and I'll try to reign myself in because I am in this for the long haul.  Glad Granny will be close to home soon.  

dg.

Karin I'm so glad!!!!!  

Larry, I  think you're right.     ...just as well to have your flaming jello shots after your run.   at least some of the time.

Welcome home soon, Super G!

wannabe, truly, we who have been sidelined for months just don't want that for you.  Take good care.

I'm enjoying the tatoo discussion, being "a woman of that age......"   what other things do you youngsters think are off limits for us?*

Just 3.5 RAW as it's a gym day.  Got in 9+ yesterday in 2 sessions.  Beautiful day here; I love Thursdays. 

Still LOL at Steve's advice to Holly and Tag's refutation (ya, it's a word, Sarah sez so.)

grins,

A

Hi divechief!  Looking forward to seeing you in Oct.  Remind me to make my plane res!  (I forgot and almost missed the Marine Corps last year, such an eejit!)

*BTW, I don't even have pierced ears, but I'm just wondering.....

Masters 2000 miles

BlazinCajun

Tom - How long did little Peter Cottontail hang around?

I have no idea where I have been - never heard of a tramp stamp before.

3.38 easy miles during a thunderstorm

Andrew
              ------------------
              God, my Lord, is my strength;
              he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
              and enables me to go upon the heights.
              Hb 3:19

Renee the dog

- never heard of a tramp stamp before.

You aren't the only one.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!