Masters Running

Spareribs' Medical Adventure--Part One (Read 520 times)

Thanks for posting this, ribs. It was fun to read about your adventures and upbeat approach to all you've gone through. More important, it was educational from a general knowledge perspective and frrom the realization we may have to go through the same or similar experience some time in the future. Having some idea of what to expect is always good. I look forward to the next instalment. Take care,ribs TomS
      Good to have you back! Thanks for the educational and entertaining account of your "adventure"!
        As it seems with every situation you handled this one with great aplomb! There is no getting around you had a serious operation. But your attitude and spirit took and will continue to take a long and difficult road back to health go as well as possible. Best wishes to you and your family. A fast recovery and fleet feet to you when you can run again.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

dg.

Ribs, this is just excellent. Thank you so much.
            Spareribs, Thank you. This is wonderful and that you would take the time and care to do this is even better. While you don't suffer fools gladly, you are generous with praise and support where it's most needed. This is a different kind of marathon for you and one where you will no doubt vanquish your opponent. It's marvelous to have you back (even if it means I have to stay right on my training so you can't beat me). Karin
              Dang, I thought fer sure we could count on you to have figured out a way to smuggle in a tape recorder so that we could get a transcript of what the surgical team talks about during the operation. Wink Just glad to hear from you-- grins, A
              Masters 2000 miles
                Ribs, No surprise that once again you are helping others. I have already broken copyright laws and copied and pasted your narrative and forwarded it to my father. He suffers from COPD and didn't understand the benefit of pulmonary rehab and the pain that can come with exercise when you can't breathe. I hope he finds this all as enlightening as I did. I will let you know. Thanks for giving this unique perspective.

Marathon Maniac #957

Excellent reading, entertaining and enlightening. We could all learn from your upbeat attitude toward this event. You are indeed a marvel.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

great report -- now off to read part 2

denise

huskydon

Spareribs, Thanks for the sharing this, I learned a lot. huskydon