Masters Running

Thrilling thursday runs and not 5/20 (Read 771 times)

Leslie, you just crack me up .  (& I 100% agree w/ your assessment of Kohl's.)
    Masters 2000 miles
    Mariposai

Twin Cities sounds like the place to be in the fall. Not just for the gathering of great masters, but also to celebrate Ribs, my wiseone. Too bad I am already using my air miles to travel later in the fall.

Rest assure that  I am resting, except the walk up and down to work. My lunch hour break was done at a speedier walk pace while chatting on the phone with a speedy friend. Spaghetti with tofu and marinara sauce was the perfect crown for a perfect lunch break.

Tomorrow is Friday!!! hurray.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #3309

I had Stoopid login problems because of my new Email Address.....so now I am dreadfully behind here....can I have some cheese with that whine 

Jeez, past 12:30 am..............I need to get to beddie bye

10 EZ Peazy miles tonight in the rain - 9:08 ave pace....4 -10 milers in a row this week. Plus, around 2 miles of barefoot running (within the 10 miles) and that's the furthest I have ran barefoot so far. I am really amazed at how good that feels, and helps with form and gait...and the little rocks and pebbles really don't hurt "much" anymore

OK, sleepy eyes needs some sleep..............20 plus miler for me too this weekend (ok, 26 miler)...........then taper for me too. Like I told Holly and Tammy, it's suppose to get very warm here and stay that way for a while, so that will make for some hot runs....but hopefully race day will be cooler for all of us June 5th.

TGIF where I am at...................Still slugging through a Thursday for the rest

TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

Leslie, those ticks would freak me out, for sure! Yukko. Enjoy being in the land of the shopper for awhile... it's been a long time for me, too.

Carolyn, so how is it running closer to sea level?

I was in Anchorage all day today. Good meetings, bad hours. So... I'm swapping tomorrow's normally non-run day for today's 5'er, and I'll do the Thursday 5'er tomorrow... which will give me a three-running-day weekend... probably the first since last fall?

Newport RI marathon for me and half for henrun (assuming I have the time to train).  this was the nor'easter that wrfb, pdr, and laT ran last year

marj

Sure hope your weather is better than ours was, Marj and Henry.  It's a beautiful course.  Have a great race!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave59

Dave, I'm planning on doing a 5K this Saturday at the Bay City Community Center at 10:00.  My only concern is for the forcast of rain and possibly lightning.  I'll be out of town the following weekend.

If the weather cooperates, I'd like to go over to Bay City early and do some easy running, join in the 5k, and then run some afterward to get in a total of 12 or so without getting too bored.  If it rains I'll just run loops around the neighborhood where I can duck for cover if needed.