Masters Running

Thursday Quick Start - 8/16/2018 (Read 34 times)

LOL, Joe.

Falcon-  I believe it might. I suspect my one time use of it tonight might get out of my system pretty fast, but if I acquire some for regular use it would be a problem.  We don’t drug test anymore at our corporate office or stores (which I think is a mistake) and only drug test at the distribution centers.  Apparently this cream is so good for the aches and pains of “older folks” that the dispensing stores offer a senior discount.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

evanflein

This morning I went in to get the final fitting on my orthotic. What you see is what I will be wearing as my primary fashion accessory morning, noon and night. Yep, I get to sleep in it. Oh joy!

Oy, that doesn't look like much fun. I like the Star Wars comment, looks like something from a Storm Troopers' uniform.

Starr, thanks so much for posting those links to Amy's blog. Almost got tears reading that. She's such an amazing person and runner. Yes, she's still a runner. I don't know anyone who has won more age group and overall races. Just incredible. I remember during Green Bay a couple years ago, she started out slow (and smart) and I started out too fast (and stupid). She passed me at about mile 18 or 19 and swatted my butt as she went by, "Let's go, sweetheart!" as she went by.

SteveP with a daycare. Hmmm, the screaming child says it all. 

Ran home from work today. It was in the low to mid-50's, windy and sure looked like rain at any minute. So I wore my cap and jacket. By mile 4, I was dying form overheating so stopped to take it off, roll it up carefully and carried it the rest of the way, switching hands as I went. No rain, had a tailwind and I think it actually warmed up as I went. I know I sure did. Anyway, it was a good run at a good steady pace, other than stopping for traffic lights (hit every one but one!) and wardrobe adjustments to re-roll my jacket. Made it 10 miles before DH showed up and gave me a ride the last mile. I was ready for that. Was running 8:33 avg till I hit the hill on the way back home, so 8:37 average for the whole run.

SteveP

Steve - would you be attending the daycare or running it? 

good one.

Nice daycare Steve. Remind me who is cared or caring?

If anyone needs me...I'll be in the burn unit.

Starr, Thank you for the link. Aamos is a class act and surly missed.

Leslie, I've been doing "that's not my problem to fix" option more. I'll shoot a few options off from them hip and leave it to the affected party to follow up on.

(((((Twocat))))) That's a unfortunate piece of hardware there.

Erika, that's a pretty fantastic 10 miler. Have you thought about tying your jacket around your waist? Just a thought.

I exploded on my immediate supervisor. No regrets.

SteveP

...fatozzig//...Good One, I got it right off.....

.....twocat//....I like that brace,

I had checked out some Soccer Braces when I was hurting and this looks like one of 'em

as you've been told,

don't wear it all the time,

I actually

withered the leg by wearing mine for 3-years at work

( no other option

except retire and have surgery,,,which I did when I hit 65 1/2 )

did I tell you about PoolRunning??

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....