Masters Running

Tuesday, 1.10.17 (Read 35 times)

flats

turtle runner eximious

6 TM miles for me tonight. My Garmin was kind enough to tell me the battery in my footpod was low. Nice feature.

Michael

I hear the rains out west are so epic that they are going to make a pretty good dent in the drought. That, at least, is one major positive.

My training partner cancelled on me this morning saying it was too cold (15) and too icy out. I considered going out anyway on my own. Then my DW sent me a text saying the roads were really icy. That did it, 8.5 miles on the TM. Bad enough running in freezing cold weather, but to do so and risk slipping on ice, forget it!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

C-R

Hey all. Long day. 6 hours in car. Couple of meetings and 4 miles on the TM. Ugh

That bus pic is just plain scary. Rains and wind here in the Midwest were horrible but they moved along.

Be safe everyone.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mariposai

A busy day for my butterfly wings, but I did run 8.5 miles on the TM while watching the last speech, WOWWWW. That was an inspiring speech.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Yes, I made sure DH picked me up in time to hear the whole thing, first in the car, then on the TV when we got home. I ran after. I know we're not supposed to make political reference or comments on this forum, but I will miss this president and first family.

Ice is a deal killer for me. All of you dealing with icy conditions, I really feel for you. Falling on ice is one of the worst things... at work right now we're working with a woman who suffered a severe concussion from hitting her head after slipping on ice. Just terrible. So, if it's icy, do NOT try to run on it! [you're welcome]

Leslie and Tammy, while some say it's so good to have the rain for drought relief, the damage being done is terrible. And most of the rain water is going out to sea. But it does sound like Sierra snowpack is getting some restoration? I hope so. Take care, you guys.

Mike, sorry about the ongoing issues with Eric. Some kids will try you at every turn. And I hope Ryan's car repair isn't too bad. And I'm guilty of checking e-mail all the time too, but that's my own deal, not an expectation of anyone else.

We're getting a severe cold snap early next week. Could see extended temps in the -40°F range. Lovely. My poor treadmill. I will try to get outside either later this week or this weekend, but I see a lot of treadmill time in my future. For tonight, 5.3 miles after the POTUS farewell speech.

SteveP

Coast Walker, it could be the way we look at people that makes them interesting.

I always enjoy sitting down with a cup of coffee and reading Jay's excellent recaps

SteveP,  And what kind of door goes for $100K??

A pretty one.

The opening in the wall for the door was 23'7" wide x 9'7" tall. The glass is bent so it has a curved shape. Each of the three panels of the door is 8' wide. Thankfully it wasn't shipped in one piece. It still took 9 people and hour to get one door off of the truck.

I left the company before I could get a picture of the final product. Holly, Amy and Tara ran past the place at the Charlevoix Marathon.

The builders that quit buying interior doors from the company I last worked for didn't follow me as much as they became frustrated with my previous employer.

Leslie, I remember what we were like on the school bus. I'm sure the diver wanted to get the little heathens to school and out of his/her hair ASAP.

Sorry MikeE.

Slipping on the ice is no picnic for sure.

Rest day of sorts. Unloading trucks on surfaces that iced up as quickly as we could get things cleared was frustrating. Lots of spinning wheels on the forklifts. I would get stuck and another driver would bump me with their forklift. Soon, I'd return the favor. Doing paper work when you're soaked..... is....... interesting. Thank goodness for the people helping me out. After 11 hours, I left a lot unfinished. It will make Greta stories later.

SteveP