Masters Running

USATF Stretch Study (Read 260 times)

spacityrunner

I found this and thought some of you might be interested in signing up. If this has already been posted, sorry. http://www.usatf.org/stretchstudy/index.asp I tried to get the link to work, but no luck.

Trails Rock!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Now the link works, but no such page. Try this one: http://www.usatf.org/stretchstudy/ Definitely not a study that I want to take a chance with!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #3309

Me either

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

spacityrunner

Thanks for fixing this for me guys.

Trails Rock!

I am not eligible seeing as I have been injured recently, and even went to the doctor about another (non-running?) injury today, or I would have signed up. However, I would like to encourage others from RA to join. The documentation regarding the benefits of stretching have been sketchy at best. For all we know it does more harm than good. Studies like this one will help determine if we should or should not be encouraging people to stretch before a run. I have seen articles saying you should only stretch before running and not after, and today my doctor told me the opposite. One thing I am pretty sure of is that nobody really knows for sure or we would see nearly all of the experts parroting the same advice. Volunteering for a study like this can help us find answers and may even do you some good in the long run!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

spacityrunner

I was thinking the same thing twocat. I would of signed up, but I am injured. I hope some of our boomers here will take the chance and participate.

Trails Rock!

HermosaBoy

I'm in and they put me in the stretching group. Imagine that... Just because I usually stretch less than 1 minute before I run... Wink

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

I'm in the stretching group as well...I don't usually stretch either
                    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                      Interesting. I am in the non-stretching group. CNYrunner
                      spacityrunner

CNY: will this be a change to your routine for you? I am envious of all you that can participate. I really, really wanted to sign up.

Trails Rock!

......VERY COOL..........can't wait to see the results...... I'll be in the Stretching Group.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

50 halfs by age 50

I just signed up and have been entered in the non-stretching group. I quit stretching before runs about 5 months ago so was wondering if that's why they assigned me to that group. I'll let you know how it turns out!

*Mel* //  "A lot of people run a race to see who's the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

Hi runningindc/Liz-- I am in the non-stretching group and that's probably just fine---I don't really stretch much at all (probably should do more) and often just bounce out the door before a run. I do run the first part of every run slowly as a warm-up and noted that in the survey. This won't be a change in routine for me, so it will be interesting as I ramp up miles. Stay tuned CNYrunner/Karin