Masters Running

Wednesday March 3 Master Runs and Workouts (Read 510 times)

I am envious of Bill's speed too, and many others on this forum.

Heck I'd just like to get out for a run, but my kids keep getting sick.  I think DD is coming down with it now, just as DS will be returning to school.

I was all set to run last night, but DH ended up being late coming home, and it was pouring rain by then anyway.  I have to start being more diligent about this running thing.  Tonight will be grocery shopping, yeah!

Mari - I hope you can find out about the dog's vaccination record.  I could not for my little monster however it looked like a loving home.  America is not the only country with jurors....just saying.

It was fun reading about Erika's run in a skirt and jog bra....what freedom!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

lamerunner

Greetings!

I spent today at the NH  HS Meet of Champions for Alpine skiing. DD 16 qualified and was the only one from her school, and maybe  from the whole City, so she had no coach, bus etc. It was a fun event; she did ok, not great, but it is a tough crowd and she had a winter of being sick with limited training and racing.  She knew many of the other kids from other schools.

I ran on the bike path in Franconia Notch ( race was at  Cannon), in yak traks, about 7 miles, slower than intended. Usually this works, esp mid week when snowmobile traffic is minimal.  Unfortunately with new snow and fairly mild temps, the snow was soft and footing not so great.  It was a bit of a slog. Live and learn I guess. Prior bike path snow runs must have been in much colder weather.

Good runs to all.

great and SPEEDY midweek  long runs for Bill, Perch and Mari!! 

Mari - cant believe that little monster could catch you with those speedy legs!!  hope you find his vaccinations

are up to date!

Bill - I'm near Boston not Denver -- r u coming to Boston?  My son made it to Florida ok - he rented an apt in Deerfield Beach with his buddy and started working for an electrician today!  My DH and I will be going down March 29 for a few nights  I hope......would love to meet up with you there.

EG - I am planning on running 10 miles on the Boston route with a friend tomorrow -- any suggestions on where to park and get a decent run in?

today - bikram yoga then swim training class - felt so good!!

happy wednesday friends!!

denise

lamerunner I did not realize you were right at Cannon Mountain.  Do you run the Reach the Beach Relay?  I love that race and hope to do it again this fall.  Last fall my team had to struggle along without me.  [editor:  Yea to a new team record!  Twocat:  Take a hike! ]

dg. glad to read they can patch you up on an out patient basis.  I know others that have gone through similar operations without a hitch.  You are right, when all goes well, the recovery period is really short.  Good luck!

perchcreek nice HM run!

EGH3 ever since I found out there has been no research into running shoes, foot types, injury rates or anything else remotely useful I stopped paying attention to the "experts" on what to wear.  I bet taking the inserts out helped because putting them in was less than useless.  I wish shoe experts would just admit that they have no idea what they are doing, suggest people start with neutral shoes and then move to stability and motion control in that order if they feel compelled.

Mariposai so how did jury duty go?  Sorry to read about that dog!  I hope you gave it a good kick!  Barring that yelled at it in Spanish!  All I know is that getting yelled at in Spanish sounds way worse than in English!  Must be that hot Latin temper thing that comes through. 

Nothing to report here.  Move along.  Nothing to see.   The most exciting thing I have to report is that the new squirrel baffles I put up seem to have the squirrels baffled!  So the birds are eating the seeds, knocking most of them to the ground, and the squirrels are stuck eating them down below.  All is as it should be!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey folks - no internet at work yesterday and no time to post last night, what with DD's gymnastics and an episode of Lost to watch.

8 miles, with miles 3, 4, 5, and 6 at (8:41, 8:48, 8:44, 8:34), plus 62 push-ups later in the day.

Dg - glad that sounds relatively simple, but still be careful, 'kay?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

EG - I am planning on running 10 miles on the Boston route with a friend tomorrow -- any suggestions on where to park and get a decent run in?

Sorry Denise, didn't get your message until today so you've likely already run. But if you haven't, I do a 10.5 mile run on the course. I get to park downtown (brother works for the state) but if you can park somewhere in the city, take the Green line D train to the Woodland stop. You can run on the course right into Boston from there. If you want more info, send me a PM.