Masters Running

Providence half marathon RR (Read 252 times)

Thanks, all! I think my comments about the water stations were a bit misleading. The water stations on the course all had water in one form or fashion - I just chose to not stop once I picked up a water bottle at the second station. On the other hand, the lack of water at the end of the race was not a good thing - especially with another 700 plus half marathoners and full marathoners behind me. Amy - I put the Garmin in the baggie and carried it until the rain stopped. The volunteer saw the look in my eyes and gave up the struggle without me having to resort to more desperate measures ;-). Carolyn - I took your advice and emailed the race director. I didn't ask for a refund - just pointed out a few problems. I'll be interested to see if I get any response. Thanks again for taking the time to read and comment!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

huskydon

Hi, You did a great job to PR on a hilly course. Congratulations! On a flat course, you go sub two hours next time for sure! Bummer about the water situation. Hard to imagine how it could have happened. Hopefully they get it right next time. Certainly it was a smart move on your part to carry some money. Congratulations on your strong AG finish.
        Also imaging you "wresting" the water bottle from the lone volunteer....did you leave said volunteer standing or splayed out on the ground?
        I read that 10 minutes ago and I am STILL laughing. Thanks for this report Sue. You did a good job with the organizational obstacles. That was a great placement too. Thanks for a fun report and CONGRATULATIONS. Joey
        Vista
          Great work Sue in the face of less than ideal race organization issues and not so great weather either. You are a good and strong runner and persevered here very well! Congratulations. One of my running J pals ran the full marathon here and wasn't too happy with the same issues you raised. She contacted the race director and asked if she could provide some feedback and she was sent a link to a feedback blog. She ran a 3:32 and is happy with that and also wants to help if she can. She directs races around here, so I hope they take her up on it. Anyway, good running Karin/CNYrunner
            Sue, Great job even with the tough weather. Sounds like you had a fun time and you will be ready for the next one. Keep up the great work Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

SteveP

Thanks for the RR Sue! I can't imagine the porta a potty and aid station debacle during a 1/2 HM. Good deal on pulling out a PR.

SteveP