Masters Running

Saturdaily 5/14 (Read 38 times)

Hi friends,

I have a problem - I just can't seem to get myself on here enough and when I do, I read back on the days I miss then get too tired or forgetful to post and comment!!

I do remember a couple of things

Holly - has a new job, congrats!!

Jay is starting his jay oclock walks again

Starr and MikeE have avoided the tornados

Bio shared good news

KSA is traveling for a fun party

Posai has been posting again

((Enke)) so sorry about Remi

Me - I am muddling along with my run/walk workouts, trying to do something every day on the Peleton app even if it's just stretching or foam rolling.

We are packing up stuff to bring back to the house. DH has been remodeling the kitchen since he is on a lay off right now.

Looking forward to seeing some of the NE Masters tomorrow!!

Goodnight - ya I know it's only 7p here in MA, but I'm tired and am going to settle down with a Jodi Piccoult novel!!

denise

Dave59

Last Saturday I ran my best race in 15 months and felt great all day.  Today was Parkrun #7 for me and it was one of my worst runs in weeks. No energy. Ended up more than 4 minutes slower than last week, and then I felt bad for most the rest of the day. It wasn't until 5:00 or so that my heart rate finally came down to normal levels.  Life sure is strange.

Anyway....  10:07, 10:29, 10:27, 1:16 for a grand total of 32:20

19 of 39 overall

10 of 18 men

2 of 3 60-64 AG

Sunny and 65 this morning.

Despite the "bad" run, it was a fun event and a good time afterwards having coffee with the group. I'm not complaining.

Well I read today's and yesterday's daily. But I am posting on my cell phone, so this will be short. I ran 9 this morning. For those of you who are experiencing summer and want something else, just come to Connecticut. Another cool damp day here. The fog was so thick I kept wondering where this big pavilion was that I use as a landmark when I run in the state park. Fortunately, it did finally show up!

Post run, I spent most of the day cooking. The real time sink was the Texas chili recipe I made. It is Guy Fieri's and by far the best chili I have ever had. This is not the first time I have made it so I knew what I was in for. But, man is it good! Makes an enormous amount. We will freeze half of it.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

SteveP

Lot of good news bioguy.

Jay - I hope it was fun.

Holly - When do you start the new job?

Mariposai - Every step counts.

KSA -It sounds like a greta trip.   PA is the land of Red Ribbon Soda.  I love the almond cream.

Leslie - Sorry to hear about the haunted truck.

Lake loops!!!

Tet - Our frost danger usually isn't until the week after Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Quick Adder - It is always a pleasure to see you.

Rochrunner - That's quite a set of genes you have there.

(((((Remi)))))  I'm sorry Enke.

Deez - Hopefully DH's lay off isn't too long.

Dave59 - You got out and got it done.

TwoCat - You're making me hungry again.

I got 6.2 in.  two miles was with Dunkin.  He was running out of steam about 1/4 miles from the house.

I got a text that an uncle passed away suddenly.  He was from Mom's side.

SteveP