Masters Running

Tuesdaily, 7.16.19 (Read 40 times)

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, so many flybys today I decided an avatar change was in order!    I drove to the base early and had the track to myself.  So I did 4 x 1200m with 400m recoveries.  Went better than last month but the last one was pretty bad, about 20 seconds slower.  I did follow that with 4 x 200m starting each one on the minute.  Last week only did 2, and they were close to a minute apiece.  Today's were all either 49 or 50 seconds.  Probably need to do those on a different day.  Anyway, 7+ miles total.  After work taught spin.

Carolyn, my deepest sympathies.

Steve, congratulations and as others said, very well stated.  BTW, everyone knows the roadkill capitol of the US, if not the world, rotates among the towns/cities/states in the southeast!

Have a greta night everyone!

anneb

SteveP - the hand pumps should definitely be cross training. I pretty much need both arms to get them going anyways!

Anne

evanflein

Carolyn, glad to see you back but sorry about your MIL. That's hard, no matter how inevitable.

Happy birthday to your DH, Tammy. He'll just have to get used to it. Getting older sure beats the alternative!

Jlynne, what Holly said.

Steve P, congrats on the raise but you shouldn't have had to threaten jumping ship to get it.

Ran 5.4 miles this afternoon after checking the weather and seeing "all clear" as far as rain, so off I went. Nope. Sprinkles started almost immediately and turned into a light drizzle at one point. Lots of stops under trees to see if it would stop, then just gunned it for home and finished... and it stopped raining. Dang it! Cast was damp feeling all afternoon.

BTY

Hello, Runners!

I realized I didn't post yesterday's (Tuesday's) workouts.  I got to the gym about 45 minutes to an hour earlier than usual to allow for the new swimming workout, which I knew wasn't going to last anything like 45 minutes, but there would be a learning curve to start dealing with.  I'd hoped to swim first and then lift weights, thinking that I could just adjust the weights downward if the swimming took a lot out of me, as anticipated.  As it turned out, there were no lanes available when I got there, and I found that the free weight area was a much busier place at 6:15 AM than at 7:15 AM.  Basically "all" of the equipment and floor space I wanted was taken so I went over to the selectorized equipment and worked my legs first.  Then I had time for just flat bench dumbbell presses and 30-degree incline bench dumbbell presses, and it was time to head into the unknown.  Fortunately once I was showered and into my suit and into the pool area, there was one lane available (Yes!) and within a very short time, one became two, so I had room to swim butterfly and not worry about ruining someone else's workout. I swam a total of 10 laps, alternating all four strokes and including butterfly for just 50-yards. As expected, lifting took a toll on my swimming workout, but not so much that I couldn't deal with it.

US Masters Swimming is sponsoring some sort of summer swimming challenge - a 2k swim that you have 2 weeks to complete,  Back in the late fall and winter months I would have started and finished it in one night but right now I think 3 workouts is just about right - 500 yards yesterday, shooting for 750 this (Wednesday) morning, and get the balance Thursday.

Oh, and I wound up being late to work in spite of all the time I allowed.  It'll take some getting used to.  Eventually, getting to the gym "an hour early" will afford me an hour of swimming, I hope. 

Have a greta day, Runners!