Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 5.11.17 (Read 30 times)

pfriese

Muggy 8 mile run around the lake this morning, I was hoping for a cooling breeze off the lake, maybe received a small one. Still a good run.

Paul

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

back after a fun filled trip to Buck's county, PA for a trio of site visits.  Drove down Monday afternoon, site visits all day Tuesday, and an actual travel day back to the office yesterday.  That felt like a real luxury, as my trips usually end with a mad dash to the airport after a long day on site.  Hadn't had a chance to check out the outdoor running options, so had resigned myself to a TM run in the hotel.  However, when I got the TM up to even a slow running speed, it was squealing loud enough that I couldn't hear my MP3.  Since I had been driving around a little I knew that I could get some distance in on sidewalks around the hotel and office complex.  Had to resort to Mapmyrun to find out how far, since my garmin didn't travel with me.  S0-  a whopping 1.5 (est) miles on a nice morning for it.

This morning I had another IRC day and did 3.1 lake miles just to prove that I have very little realistic chance at breaking 2 hours on Saturday.  I, at least, will have some decent weather.  Our poor admin is looking at 50°, heavy rain, and 30 mph wind for her first marathon on Sunday.  (BTW--Henry and Marj--still going north?)  She's not happy to say the least.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

dg.

Hi, dg.  Waving back- now at DTW waiting for my plane.

:  Wink

have a safe & pleasant (??)  trip!

Yesterday's note was a general one given where things appeared to be heading.

No running for me today. Just an hour on the elliptical. Speaking of races in challenging weather I am keeping my fingers crossed that the weather in Cork on June 4 is not typical Irish weather. If ever there was a case of spitting or running against the wind this is it.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

mrrun

This morning I had another IRC day and did 3.1 lake miles just to prove that I have very little realistic chance at breaking 2 hours on Saturday.  I, at least, will have some decent weather.  Our poor admin is looking at 50°, heavy rain, and 30 mph wind for her first marathon on Sunday.  (BTW--Henry and Marj--still going north?)  She's not happy to say the least.

+ that you have decent weather for your race

we're making a decision Saturday morning - we have until 6 to cancel our hotel.   We want to get away, so that's why we're waffling - otherwise we have to wait until first w/e in June for a vacation trip.

SteveP

Roch, did you get an autograph??

SteveP