Masters Running

Friday, 1.6.17 (Read 38 times)

catwhoorg

Labrat

We had early release so we could all get home before the bad weather hit.

Had a few bits of wintery mix, but the bad stuff should get here in another hour

3.3 on the TM once we got everyone home.

Just wasn't feeling it today.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

pfriese

Our dusting ended up at about 4 inches. Another 6 miles on the treadmill today. The wind is supposed to ease up tonight, so hoping to get outside for tomorrows run.

Paul

TammyinGP we have a 10k race in my area this Sunday that I am signed up for. What I hate about January racing is that it is not only cold but I can never figure out how to dress! Well, that is not true. I am going to freeze at the start and after a mile or two in feel okay.  I hate freezing!

It is really good to see the daily cross 2 and even 3 pages again! We got an inch or two. Enough that I decided to run at noon instead of in the morning, by which time I figured the roads would be clear. They were but the plumber decided that is when he wanted to show up. So I went out closer to 1:30 and had "lunch" at about 3. Among the many hardships one can suffer this one is pretty far down on the totem pole.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Tammy, that is some serious snow!  We haven't got it up here...just the cold temperatures.

I felt fine today, so went out and did 5 miles.  Kind of a hilly route, and I was walking up a few of the big hills.  But that is allowed according to my streak contract!  

To stay on pace with a 100 mile January target, I need to run 7.2 miles tomorrow.  Not likely to happen.  Hopefully I can add some longer runs toward the end of the month.

Tonight I have to make 2 casserole entrees for a Robotics club potluck.  My DD is in the club - interestingly, it is about 50% girls, but many of those are in the marketing and outreach subgroups.  She is in the programming subgroup, but says next year she wants to switch to CAD? or something like that.  Anyway, I have to get up at 5 am tomorrow to drive a bunch of these kids to the kick-off meeting - where this year's challenge will be revealed!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

I was wrong - I only need to run 4.4 miles tomorrow to stay on pace!

Woot!  I can do this!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

WOW!! Busy place here the last few days!! Welcome and welcome back to all!!

Ran 8.2 yesterday morning then had a full day with church, prayer group and my precious grandbabies!!  Made work today seem like a piece of cake!!

Getting up to run the 1st of the Fudgcicle Race Series tomorrow - hoping to add on before and after if the body cooperates!!

G'NITE all!!

denise

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

So--just to show you how stupid I am--as I read that Henry had laryngitis, I was surprised because he sounded just fine to me.

I did 6 miles on the treadmill, tonight.

After I was done, I went upstairs and found Debbie all upset because she couldn't balance our checkbook.  She was showing that we were in the hole by $700!  So...I took my shower, calmed myself down, brought the statement downstairs and, after about a half an hour, found that she had an outstanding check written down as $1300 instead of $300...we're just fine.  And to her...I am the smartest guy in the world and that's all that really matters.

Okay--that's it--gotta go.  See ya!

evanflein

Yay, Mike is a hero! Yes, that's all that counts.

I also ran 6 miles on the treadmill tonight (6.1) in sort of a ladder run format.

8:42

8:34

8:27

8:20

8:27

8:34 for last 1.1 mile. Felt fine, foot is fine (yay!), but I feel like I'm out of time and running behind. Hate that feeling.

SteveP

You're a keeper MikeE!

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

And to her...I am the smartest guy in the world and that's all that really matters.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."