Masters Running

Sunday's Daily, 10.6.13 (Read 45 times)

evanflein

Well, Ryan certainly isn't the first one to make that mistake. I think there's probably no one here who can say "well, I've never done that!" Too bad his first marathon wasn't a good experience, but hey, it was experience that he'll learn from, right? He sure recognized it early on. He'll crush the next one!

Love the picture of Enke and Tet. Enke, so glad you had a good race! Feeling good and finishing strong (kick or no) means so much more than whether it was a PR or not.

Another ^5 to Opie for his marathon PR. That's awesome!

{{Deez}} Hang in there, grrlfren.

Ok, that's about it. I can't remember much more than that. No snubs intended.

13.5 miles today, which was another gift of a day. At this time of year, we could get snow that stays at any time, and the last few days have been very nice with temps in the 40's (today not as warm as yesterday, which was gorgeous). DH is out mowing the leaves off the lawn, and he blew leaves off the roof and driveway yesterday. The birch trees were holding their leaves for so long we were worried about falling branches and trees if we got heavy snow. But they seem to have all let go with a "whump" this past week and there are leaves all over the ground now.

TammyinGP

Mike, Ryan is tough & determined. I'm sorry it wasn't the race he was hoping for, but as I always tell David when he has a race he wasn't thrilled with, "did you learn anything from that race?" "will you change anything you do next time" and invariably the answer is yes, so it was, in retrospect, a good race because you leave it learning how to do better next time. I know Ryan will reflect on this one and come back even smarter and more determined the next time.

Tammy

Mariposai

Looking ahead and already feeling overwhelmed at my next few wks. MIL passed on early Saturday morning. 

Tammy, I am so sorry to read this. Posie hugs to you my dear sistahh and the whole family. Please know that your RA family is here for you!

Butterfly hugs to all who need it!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Tammy, I am so sorry to read this. Posie hugs to you my dear sistahh and the whole family. Please know that your RA family is here for you!

+1

Mike - If Ryan got a 3:08 on a bad day, I can hardly wait to see what he will get on a good day!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

{{{{{tammy }}}}

=========

FYI-

in a PoolRunning 26.2

the

Time to Beat is 3-Years.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....