Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 9.6.17 (Read 29 times)

Mariposai

Hello everybody

I had my best run in a long time, today. 

This makes me happy. Glad to hear you are improving from all your injuries.

Twocat, my pal, what can I say, but hang in there. Be patient with your body as it heals itself.

Tetsujin, your weather looks like mine right now. I looked back at the month of August, we had only about 10 days without a smoke in the air. September will be the same.

No more running for me until the smoke is cleared up. With the air quality and my asthma all I am doing now days is striving to breathe and live.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

So much going on everywhere in the country these days. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone suffering from storms, floods, and fires.

Tramps, those clipless pedals do take some getting used to. Rochrunner, what exactly are "serious roadie pedals"?

Marj, glad you got the photo site figured out. I use picturetrail.com

Yeah, Twocat, what RunnerKSA said, you have been through a lot so take those naps.

Go, Mike, go...nice run with a bit of an audience. I will take flat over hills, but that's all I really have here.

Tet, sorry you will miss the Northern lights, maybe a trip to Erikaland is in order.

It was sure chilly here this morning, around 42* so I opted to run after work. IRC and my knee isn't hurting anymore so went out for 3.5 out and back on the trail. On the way to the trail one homeowner was spraying weed spray on his lawn, yuck did that smell awful. I went the other way on the return trip. That stuff can't be good to inhale, but nothing like the smoke you guys have out west.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

wildchild

Carolyn

Dang, Mike, you sure are speedy!  Glad you had such a good run.

The smoke here was bad a few days ago, but better yesterday and today.  I ran 6.2 trail miles yesterday and 6.2 road miles today - not planned, just happened to be the same distance.

This weekend I'm pacing a friend for the last 30 miles of the Run Rabbit Run 100 mile race.  The race website says so far they're still planning on holding the race, but it will depend on how the smoke is.  I'm looking forward to it, and have a lot of friends doing both the 50 mile and 100 mile courses.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Mike, I have a mental image of you running these runs with the kids watching and cheering. I sure hope that's not the case. Is that running with the kids when you're running a different plan and so much faster than some of them are? Just curious....

Second rest day in a row for me. I am so damn busy at work I'm not even taking a lunch break. I know, I know, that's not good for you. But I need to get through a lot of reading and analysis of reports, etc so need to spend the time on this stuff. The meetings, phone calls and drop ins sure don't help! I see things getting better after this week, so hopefully I can keep to that schedule. I figure after a few big weeks with that monster run last Sunday, I can take a couple days off. I'll be back to it soon.

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

Dealing with super busy work, impending MIL visit, etc.

4 miles for me on Wednesday.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."