Masters Running

Thirsty Thursday 2/18 Runs and Workouts (Read 449 times)

evanflein

Carolyn, my belief is they always tell runners to take a lot of time off knowing they'll only take a fraction of it off anyway. So he's probably expecting that you did just what you did. Remember, you took a bunch of time off before he said that, so I bet you're good to go. And you're taking it very easy and watching for setbacks, so I say "Yay for you!"

Amy, that's cool! We have several Alaskans in the nordic skiing events, and some are doing pretty well, but none from here. Would be fun to have a home-town person to watch.

4.1 miles at the gym, felt much harder than it should have. I guess that's the point of the "easier" recovery runs, right? I think it was made worse by how warm it felt in there. 67° would be IRC outside, but in the gym it just seems too hot. Even with the fan. Last treadmill run for this week so that feels good!

SteveP

Kudos to you Mary. I prolly would have had two of those meals

How exciting Fussyrunner.

Bill, I think your spices might get you qualified for Maniac status.

We're proud of DW Tramps!!!

Have fun Leslie

I really gotta go back and read Holly's Wednesday post. Normally I hang on every word Holly types....but.....

(((Enke's DD7)))))

5.5 icy miles with he who drools. He jumped over a snow bank, twards a small valley, and wound up over his head in snow. I passed him and had to run backwards a bit so I could watch him get out of it. As it was nearly 35F, I was over dressed. I tied my sweat shirt around my waist and didn't do one dam push up. 

SteveP

Maniac 505

Mari:  UP at 4:30 for a run yesterday!  You are  Super Woman

Tramps,  You're smoking fast

8 miles for me at a 9:00 minute pace.  I overdressed a bit with a long sleeve shirt,  but probably just as well since I forgot the sun screen