Masters Running

Saddidey, 3.11.17 (Read 35 times)

evanflein

Do what you can, Mariposai. What marathon are you training for?

Nice job on the AG win, Catwhoorg, and that's a very nice 10k time.

Deez, I sure hope you can figure out what's causing the problem. Sometimes I find the not knowing what it is (or how it happened) to be one of the most frustrating thing about these injuries that crop up. And no, I refuse to believe age has anything to do with it. 

Good job on the trail run, C-R. I can't wait to get back out on trails, but it'll be several weeks before they melt off and dry up enough.

There were a couple of men with their wives in the pool, pretty much fully dressed*. The women didn't know how to swim and their menfolk were trying to help them. One of them made it all the way across the pool with floaty noodles and her hub supporting her, but she did the kicking the whole way. The look of triumph on her face at the other end was pretty cool. Her friend never got more than 10 feet away from the shallow end, she was obviously afraid to do more. It got me to thinking how hard that must be to learn to swim as an adult. Kids seem to take to it pretty easily. Anyhow, it helped pass the time today.

45 minutes of pool running, in the pool where I learned to swim over 50 years ago. Wow....

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Congratulations Cat!

I took care of everything I had to take care of, today...including driving my daughter and her family to the airport that was sprung on me at about 9:00, last night.  I enjoyed it, though.  She has 4 of the nicest girls ever born.  (The two older ones are the twins who were on the state championship soccer team last fall)  Anyway...I love being around them.  While we were driving, they were asking me if I had to run, today.  I told them that I did.  They asked how far.  I told them 15 miles.  They asked how long that would take me.  I told them about an hour and 50 minutes.  "Wow!" they said.  So...

I went on my 15 miler hoping to do it at a 7:17 pace.  I kept thinking about my granddaughters asking me about how long it would take me...and I just had to beat that 1:50 time so I really pushed it.  I ended up doing it in 1:46:28...a 7:06 pace.  I texted them my time and told them that I "crushed it".  At 58 years old, I'm still trying to impress the kids.

Okay--I'd better get going--I guess Debbie agreed to watch our great-granddaughter for the night...I'm not sure how to impress a 3 year old...or is she 4?  See ya!

wildchild

Carolyn

We woke up to an inch of new snow here, but lower down the canyon where I met my friends for a trail run, it was just foggy.  I sure have missed running with my trail buddies while I was on the road!  12.5 miles today, felt great.  Then a  party in the parking lot at the end, to celebrate a friend's birthday, complete with beer and cupcakes...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

Hi all!

Back from my quick jaunt up to Cottage Grove to run the CG Half Marathon with a couple friends. We went up yesterday and spent the night. Great point to point course along the Row River Trail. which was more like a bikepath than a "trail" per se, but very scenic and tree lined. the last couple miles were more "industrial"  going by a logging mill and entering into Roseburg. I really liked the course and the 13 miles, while not very fast (2:17) was a good run for me - steady, consistent pace and my legs feel pretty good, even after the 2 hr drive home.  Saw Econo and Herr Wegetarian there. He was running and she was spectating. He had a very good HM also - his second one. it was nice to see them and visit a bit. 

Now I'll go get caught up on the days happenings.

Tammy