Masters Running

Happy Tues 8/30 Daily (Read 536 times)

SteveP

Tim & Mary....we are looking forward to your RRs. Sweet. Lots of runnin here in Traverse City, Mary. If you want to put a couple of miles in e mail me "smpankowski" at hotmail dot com 4.2 miles..Got to see a rainbow....Sweet. I'm not knockong myself out at work as much and things are getting caught up around the house. Sweet. The bathroom scale and I got into a screaming match. Some changes must be made. Freakin' thing feeds of off humiliation. While re-roofing the garage, I noticed a fox den in our back yard. The rodent poplulation has been down and foxes are kewl. However, they do eat pets and our cat said she wouldn't like that so much. They can carry dieases and, though I'll teach our grandson how to foam at the mouth (his poor teachers), we'd rather he didn't get rabies. FWIT, I miss Ribs and Karin.

SteveP

Dark Horse - you are a very brave soul. I hope your investments will allow you to retire at a ripe young age.
      stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Aamos--probably a little late, but we really love Gilbert's for chowder (in a bread bowl) along the waterfront in Portland. Never had the clams there, but they look awful good coming out of the kitchen. If you venture over to Bean's while you're in the area, Harraseekett (sp?) Lunch and Lobster has really good clams (those I've had Smile ) Plus it's right on the harbor. FWIW, saying clams with bellies is redundant--clam strips aren't clams Tongue Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

great pics today!! Sarge as soon as i saw your pic i thought -- woah - when were all those guys at Fenway!! sooooo cool!! i haven't been to a game in ages but my 18 yr old and his gf were there earlier this month -- i just get to drive by on my way to work Sad Mary - you two looked great after your 22 miles!! yesterday - just some cross-training in the gym today - back to PT - he said i really need to work on stabilizing my core and get back to basics -- too much movement in the lower spine especially that's causing my back to flare up and my upper back is way too tight -- so going back to him1x/week for 3 more weeks -- sigh!! not fun but at least i can still run and just need to be more aware of my core and posture!! ok -- back to my patients!! Wink

denise

TammyinGP

I'm so happy that my pie and yumminess thread has responses. but just in case no one wanted to talk about such delicacies, I was totally prepared to carry on a whole conversation with myself in that thread talking all about pies and ice cream. And there would be absolutely no mention of brussel sprout pies or fried clam ice cream at all. That's just wrong. Ok, I ran today (had to with all that pie talk!) This was track workout #2. It was HOT tonight. It had to be at least 90 at 5 p.m. when I started and of course, it feels even warmer on that black track. I had to take water breaks after every mile. I think this session went even a bit better than last weeks. I did sort of the same thing as last week. A mile warm-up (9.21) Miles 2 and 3, I did 400m alternating speed and recovery laps, with my speedy laps being 1.53, 1.56, 1.58, 1.53 and recovery laps consistently about 2.23. Then I did 1.5 miles of cooldown at 10 min/miles. I think last week, my fastest speed lap was 1.57, so I felt good about getting a couple of 1.53's in there. And I'm sure the football team that was practicing in the middle of the track had nothing to do with it. Nor did the district attorney who was also running laps and who just happened to win the murder trial from last week have anything to do with me running faster. Nope. It's just pure training and discipline that is paying off. . . Wink

Tammy

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

I've been offline for a few days and must have missed the issue of why Ribs and Karin are off/not posting. They are both great contributors and we've all benefited by the way they share their experience. Hopefully things will get worked out and they come back. Tonight was my last tough workout for Hartford. We did a 1mi,2mi,1mi set of intervals, perfect for marathon speed training. Take care all!
              -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
              also on Twitter