Masters Running

14 May 2024 TUESDAY (Read 33 times)

SteveP

Have a safe trip KSA.

Let's have Tetsujin209 show us around to his dining haunts.

Grampy Steve giving excellent coaching advice!

I was most proud the, on the last meet of the year, she got out of all of her comfort zones.

Dave59 - Thank you for the link.  I hope you feel better soon.

I' hope the site doesn't go away.  I cherish the longtime friends I've met through RA and CoolRunning.

Deez4Boyz - I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and your fall. (((((Hugs)))))

I took our dog on our trail after work.  We went clockwise this time.  As soon as we started, I found a morel.  It's a little older but still appreciated.  Just like me.  I hope.

Another delight was a volunteer apple tree.  It has a couple of blossoms.

I got 2 miles and the in-home PT.

SteveP

BTY

Hi friends!

I don't seem to have time to post on the day of on the daily lately.  When I do post, early in the AM, RA seems pretty stable.  At least on my laptop, not always so with my iPhone.

I got out for three walks on breaks Tuesday, and the weather was just gorgeous - fantastic for walking.  Made it to 80 degrees by 3:00, with a nice breeze out of the west.  Fresh, dry air, with the smell of the ornamental tree blossoms in the air in good ol' Albany.  This usually lasts about three days a year, if we're lucky.  I think I walked a total of 5 miles or so.

I played in my first softball game Tuesday evening since managing my church's softball team back in the late 90's and early 00's. My plan had been to be the 14th or 15th player, just go for fun, not have to field and only bat if absolutely necessary.  I wound up playing the whole game (2nd base, can't do too much damage there) and batting twice.  Mostly I feared not having the reflexes to get the glove in front of my face on a hot line drive, pulling a hamstring or tearing my Achilles tendon running to first base, or just not being able to throw the ball.   Fears allayed.  I got on base both at-bats, had a nice line drive base hit and then got on base on a fielder's choice which was hit harder than the first one, didn't injure myself running the bases, and only hurt myself a little swinging at the first pitches before the contact swings each at bat..  Only 9 of the 15 people on the company team showed up so I was forced into action, much to Mrs. BTY's dismay.  The right shoulder is a little noisier than usual, though.

Oh, it's the company's first team in the "legislative league" in about 5 years or so, maybe more, and we did ok for a startup.  We played one of the better teams and lost 9-1.  They took it easy on us.  Our best player went ofer 3 at the plate and even made a few errors at shortstop, so everyone was a little rusty.

KSA's early AM run this morning before her early AM flight is one huge reason she has streaks and I don't.

I woke up too early this morning and am getting ready for a strength and swim workout at the YMCA.  Light rain out there all day today, I guess.

(Sticking this pst on my clipboard just to be safe)

Yeah-  2:08 am and I was on the treadmill for 2.3 miles.  Ugh.  Now a slight (I hope) delay at the gate for a “minor” maintenance issue……

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

checking in..............

apparently since we're being struck down in large numbers I fit right in

dealing with some back and upper shoulder issues

and

bagging a lot of work-outs

but

Disciple in ReHab is what separates Veteran Runners from everybody else

Easy does it guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....