Masters Running

Thursday Christmas Eve Runs and Best Wishes (Read 579 times)

Maniac 505

{{{PDR}}}

6 easy miles on trails around the lake,  Mom is just finishing up a batch of Xmas tamales.  brother will be over soon.  Merry Xmas all,  enjoy the day and the company,

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy Christmas Eve!

Just a quick fly-by for now.....

Mariposai – I really need to eat at your house sometime…

16 miles for me today: 12.55 miles outside in a windy 31°, with miles 3, 6, 8, and 9 at (8:33, 8:48, 8:34, 8:35) and the rest at 10Tight lippedx, followed by 3.45 miles on the TM at 10:00.

We just got back from church, and now I’m putting together a relatively simple dinner (Honeybaked Ham, twice-baked potatoes, sweet potato casserole, mixed veggies, rolls and apple pie) and my mom and stepdad will be joining us later.

My dad and stepmom stopped by earlier with their gifts for the kids: a 3-story dollhouse for DD (took DH 2 hours to put together) and a very cool radio control helicopter for DS.  They are both in hog-heaven at the moment. 

I’ll check back to finish reading later, but I hope you all have a safe and happy Christmas!  Each of you is a blessing in my life. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sue, Sorry about your BIL, and my tardiness.  Thinking of you. 

PDR, I hope the docs are wrong this time and that your dad will improve soon.  Hope you will be able to have some good visits with the family and friends.

Mari, I'm just so glad I got to meet you; it makes your posts meaningful--plus I know you really can cook, so it makes me extra envious of your guests.     I will keep you posted on any Rio plans.  (I love listening to Portuguese--it's a beautiful language.)

Kevin, I'd love to see you and Perch out with his dogs.  Have you guys met yet?  I think you'd like each other.'

Hiya tet!  Merry Christmas, twocat!  I bet your weather is really swell, dive, no?  [still adjusting to not being in Florida].

Hope the kiddoes stay in "hog heaven" for a while for you, Holly--pshew, ambitious run today!

hopeful, you will be my inspiration for tomorrow's run--it will be cold here (today was a gym day).

Happy 1st Christmas to our wonderful Will.  He's got a piece of our hearts; here's to his just getting stronger and stronger.

Well, I won a motion to suppress but the State's sent notice over today they are going to appeal, so more work for me.    This is about the equivalent of coal in my stocking, so I'm going to go try and redeem myself (I even made some jail visits today) before evening falls.

Best to everyone,

A.

Masters 2000 miles

jlynne, you've almost got that 1500 miles and there's still a week to do it.  Tall, it was nice to see a post from you yesterday.  craneium, nice run with your wife - hill repeats, no less.  sue, my condolences to your family on the loss of your brother in law.  PDR, I'm sorry to hear your dad is back in the hospital with pneumonia.  My thoughts are with him and the rest of the family.

Nice long runs for fatozzig and holly.

This morning, it was 24° when I went out and 21° when I finished.  Before I went out, the computer said there was just a light wind and I dressed accordingly.  It turns out there was a pretty good wind (I should have checked with hopeful).  By the time I finished my 12 miles, I couldn't feel my thumbs and my other fingers weren't far behind.  It took me a little over 2:02 for a 10:11 pace.

I want to wish all my RA friends a fantastic Christmas.  Even though I've only met a few of you in person, I consider all of you valued friends and fellow members of a great support group.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Merry Christmas one and all.  Hope your day is filled with joy and happiness.  May your sleep tonight be filled with wonderful runs past, present and future.

Nancy - if I leave now I can be at your house in time for dinner.  Sounds wounderful.

PDR - wishing your father another speedy recovery

Tet - congrats on another two marathons.  Will you be in Japan from 1/11-26.  Looks like I'll be heading for Yokosuka for those two weeks.

Easy 10 mile recovery run for me late this morning after 4 hours of work.  Now I'm off till 1/4.  With last nights run I hit my goal of 3000 miles for the year (4th consecutive year). 

PNW weather is very nice for this time of year, temps in the low 30's and its actually sunny right now after a morning of patchy fog.

Our son and his wife are over using our kitchen to cook pizza from scratch for dinner, xmas cookies and bread and homemade apple sauce.  Then tomorrow we are having his in-laws over for xmas dinner of grilled Alaskain Halibit, shrimp, salad, homemade bread and apple pie, plus whatever else.  (not informed of the entire menu, I'm just there to eat)

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy Christmas Eve to all my virtual running buddies! 

(((PDR and dear old dad)))

Happy first Christmas to Baby Will and Baby Nate from Aunt Carolyn!

I'm envious of those of you who got out for long runs today.  It was windy and just barely broke double digits today (10° for a high) and we got 6" of new snow which blew up into drifts.  We baked Christmas cookies and 2 pumpkin pies - does that count as cross training?  Then we all bundled up and hiked out into the woods to cut down our Christmas tree - we found a nice one with pine cones all over it.  It was hard work carrying it back to the house - my sister and DD and I carried it, and DH was carrying the chain saw.  Tazzie and Ladybug were romping and wrestling in the snow.  We got it set up and put lights on it, but will wait to decorate till after dinner - a family tradition.

I hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing Christmas, and good runs too if you're running tomorrow. 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Happy Xmas Eve and Merry Xmas!!

I survived the shopping season as a business and store owner, I'm tired and worn down but happy it all went well and didn't  get the snow storm the eastcoaster  and midwesteners lived through!  My running has suffered a bit these last few week, rather sporadic , time to get serious again soon!!

Nice run this am with one of my running buddies and off now to celebrate Xmas Eve together with the families and plan for the Seattle Rock and Roll #2 for which we are both signed up.

Hi Dave!! Let's meet up for a run sometime when you have time off work!!

Tet: loved that picture on the beach.....why not trading the 5K for a 50 with me in Bothell on 1/1..??

Francesca

Mariposai

mike...where are you?????????????I still have so much left over....please come over.

dinner was fantastic, but I miss ya all....my wings were flying here and there and everywhere just to make sure everyone was happy.

Joyful Christmas to each one of you my friend. Thanks for making my Christmas every day in RA.\\

love ya all.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

A Merry Christmas Eve to all of you a day behind.  For DW and me Christmas has come to a close.  Typically we have her family over for a traditional Christian celebration of the holiday with a tree, presents and dinner.  This year we had one more akin to what my Jewish family held:  dinner at a Chinese Thai restaurant.  Well, close enough! 

Aamos the weather is wonderful.  We are leaving soon and I will miss it.  I hope the weather is quite Christmassy in your part of the world!

PDR I do hope your dad comes out OK yet again.  Best wishes to you and your family over the next few days and into the New Year as well.

We are traveling for the next few days.  Back home alas.  So I am not sure when my next post may be.  To keep you up to date with my travel log here are some final pics for now:

A large flightless bird that only lives in Australia:  I present to you a female cassowary!

Next up is a photo of 4 mile beach in Port Douglas.  I can at least testify that from our hotel to the south end of the beach (the photo is looking south) it is 2.2 miles or so according to Garmin.  As for going north, I would be somewhat surprised if it the total distance really hit 1.8 miles.  But, you have to give some leeway for the local tourism board.  

Last, but not least, what would Christmas be without Santa?

Hey it is HOT down here!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/