Masters Running

Monday August 4 runs and workouts and a new week (Read 400 times)

CNYrunner nice post long run morning for you! The weather out here is super today! The Jogger sounds like a fun run. perchcreek just 4 miles? Slacker! Wink Dave59 speed work, I hate it! But, it sure does help. Sigh. SueT48 great long run yesterday! Tramps is this a great sport of what! You get to cut back and it is what you are supposed to do! Good luck with the new shoes. DickyG check to see if after "lamerunner" you have a (/b). I have to use a "(" as a placeholder for a "<" here="" otherwise="" the="" system="" will="" interpret="" it="" as="" html="" code,="" sorry.="" my="" guess="" is="" either="" the="" or="" some="" other="" part="" of="" the="" code="" is="" missing.="" also,="" good="" hill="" run="" for="" you.="" one="" last="" item.="" you="" can="" also="" download="" a="" plug="" in="" for="" sporttracks="" (st)="" that="" will="" do="" the="" elevation="" correction="" if="" you="" do="" not="" want="" to="" use="" motion="" based.="" go="" to="" the="" st="" discussion="" board="" and="" click="" on="" the="" plug="" in="" forum.="" then="" install="" the="" one="" that="" does="" elevation="" corrections="" are="" you="" are="" ready="" to="" go.=""></">lyndenrunner recovery can be good. BCMorant good luck in your quest to hit 2K! Mariposai nice MP practice run! Good luck with holding it for all 26.2! tselbs nice run with your DD. Sounds like the reunion was a smash! You have a big family is all I can say. If my family held one, at least the part I am in contact with, it would just be two of us! Twocat today turned out to be my long run day for the week. I ended up going 18.5 miles. The first 12 were with my TP the last 6.5 all by my lonesome. The original plan had been to do this with my TP on Wednesday. But it turns out she has a tri to run next Sunday and her tri coach thought an 18 mile run on the Wednesday before the race was not the best idea. During the run she asked me what I thought since she usually recovers quickly. I told her that if the race was a training race she would recover enough to do it and perform well. But if she was targeting the race then forget the long run. Well, as you should have guessed by now she decided to bail on doing 18 this Wednesday so I figured I would get it done today. For me that helps put more time between it and my 6.85 mile race this Saturday. Also, today the weather is just phenomenal around here! Wednesday's forecast is not so nice. So, all-in-all I am not too unhappy with how things have turned out. Good runs all!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Hiya! --been catching up on posts, was away for a few days... Gee, if Ribs can do 7 laps in pain with those chesttubes still in, wait until he starts running. He'll be reminding us of this over and over, sheesh! I do hope he gets out of ICU today, that's a goal, for sure. Saint--Thanks so much for posting to us--that hospital-to-home-to hospital job is hardwork and emotionally tough. It's really hard for the spouse/partner, and you know if we were there, we'd be taking turns stopping by with treats and support for you and wet noodles for the Man, or somesuch. Know we are thinking of you often, often and with love. I have some Major League Thanking to do! mainerunnah, dtoce and WillRun, you guys are so super to send along the detailed advice about my dead Garmin. I was trying the push in the 2 buttons thing, but failed to try the on button after. As soon as I get home, I will go into gadgetgirl-repair mode and see if I can revive the poor thing. Huge Thanks to each of you! Yes! Ileane--gorgeous picture. You both look great, and I'm loving the palm trees! tomwhite: yes--advice is: eat less; run lots; rest some. Tramps and perch--you 2 are a team. Have you ever met? If not, I'd like to be there to laugh a lot when it happens! And also Major League--we have us a BayWatch going on in Boston, on its way to Kansas City! grins, A
      Masters 2000 miles
      TammyinGP

Nice to hear an update from the Saint. Thank you for posting the updates both here and at KR. I know you are tired by the time you get home. {{Saint & Riblets}} DickyG - The Phoenix race we went to was actually 4 yrs ago. I can't believe 4 yrs has gone by so quickly. And I'm with you on the name, it's either Cup racing or Winston. Still can't get used to the 'new' names. My son (8.5) is a major Tony Stewart fan, I like Dale Jr, or Kasey Kahne, and DH just loves a good race, regardless of who wins. My new running shoes will arrive today, so I plan on going for a short run tonight - 4 miles or so on the trails by my house.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Here's something kind of bizarre. Anyone looked up their address on Google maps street view? It actually shows a photo of your home, and you can manipulate the view to zoom or turn completely around, moving up or down the street. I looked up the house we moved out of this spring and the street view shows our cars in the driveway, and my husband is standing there, too, bending over something, probably washing the cars. The photo was possibly taken last summer. Crazy, and kind of unsettling. Shocked

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps - thanks for the heads up! Twocat - nice long run even if you had to finish by yourself! You are absolutely right about the phenomenal weather - it is gorgeous. Makes me wish I hadn't taken a rest day today.......

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

...Tramps and perch--you 2 are a team. Have you ever met? If not, I'd like to be there to laugh a lot when it happens!
              Yes we have and we did laugh alot..... http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d25/Tramps2/Richmondline-up.jpg

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

DickyG

Yes we have and we did laugh alot..... http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d25/Tramps2/Richmondline-up.jpg
                That's super...who is who and what was the occasion? I know there's a big race in Richmond in April. DickyG
                Teresadfp

One day at a time

4.0 miles for me today, in 44:15. That brings me to 1000K for the year, whoo hoo. On to 1000 miles! This was the first fairly hill training run I've tried, and my ankle never twinged once. I iced it when I got home. Rain, rain, rain - Portland set a record for yesterday - 2.8 inches. Raining more today. DS13 is at a tennis camp at a local HS - it looked promising earlier, but I don't know what they're doing with the kids now. Have a great summer week!
                  lamerunner

Rest/swim day today, 1500 yards. After a long run Saturday and a long recovery run, I needed it. Glad to hear Ribs is progressing. His next marathon will seem easy.
                      I should have known! Who is the 3rd dude, and please to tell us when you will meet again, as I think we could build a reunion around that. (Besides, obviously you guys need a public defender!) grins, A
                      Masters 2000 miles
                      stumpy77

Trails are hard!

that would be the (im)famous Vista, aka Joey. (who I might add is sadly missed here)

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

I should have known! Who is the 3rd dude, and please to tell us when you will meet again, as I think we could build a reunion around that. (Besides, obviously you guys need a public defender!) grins, A
                          And a superb legal researcher/writer as I'm sure there will be some constitutional violations to argue. And if not, my creative writing skills can craft one . . .

Tammy

Good warmup then a couple of miles. Legs still achin. H & H day again. 400 meter swim.