Masters Running

Happy 4th! 7.4.17 (Read 36 times)

Hi everyone, just want to say on this sunny holiday. That is a coincidence to have three Fourth of July birthdays among us.  Congrats to Marj on 2ndAG. That is surprising to have 4 men in 80+ though.

I got back from vacation on Sunday afternoon. We are used to resorts with Sat/Sat checkin/out.  Sunday checkin gave us time to pack on Saturday but sure wish I'd have had Monday off.  I still haven't been to the grocery store, oh well.  We had about 40 members of my family there for most of the time and the weather turned out much better than forecast. We have some golfers, shoppers, and those who just like to do nothing (MrStarr). The kids loved the sand and water but man was it cold! I got in up to my knees is all.  I ran/walked for 4 of those days.  The last day I went shopping with my Sister. She had GI issues and took pepto-bismol but it didn't help. She had a rough night and in the morning they decided to stop at an ER in Fargo on the way home. It turns out she has diverticulosis and a small rupture near the colon. They admitted her and she'll be there for 4-5 days.  I sure hope she will be able to make the trip to Germany with me.  We leave two weeks from today!

This morning I puttered around and then with for a bike ride. I really need to take it into a dealer for repairs. It makes a terrible sound on ever right downstroke. It kinda sounds like a goose, so that came in handy when I had to make 20 of them get off the path in front of me

We have fireworks on July 3rd as part of the "Beach Bash" and then the City puts on a show on the 4th.  I got home late from band practice and tried to see them from the roof (a 2nd story walk out) but couldn't see them.  From the dock I could see the ones that got high enough. Maybe tonight we will take out the boat or pontoon, although 10:00 PM is really past my bedtime.

Take care Tramps, Paul and anyone else healing from injuries. Have a happy, safe 4th!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

TammyinGP

First and most important is Happy Birthday to Peter, Paul and Renee (can we call you Mary today?  Wink

Ran 7 miles this morning while it was still a nice cool 70ish. Did 1 mile on the home trails with the dogs, then took Bailey and Bella each out separately for another 3 mile run. they got to go swimming in a creek we run by, so they were happy dogs. 

David got home from his Anaheim trip last night about 12:30. By the time he and DH got home, chatted a bit about his trip, it was near 3:00 a.m. when I went to bed. I was still up by about 7:00 a.m. anyways, so I might be seeing a nap in my near future.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Posting from my phone so I will make it short. Our family went to a parade this morning and spent the day at the local Americana festival with my son's girlfriend's family, then to their house where we are cooking out now.

Re: fireworks in Ohio, nobody in forces that 48-hour rule that I know of and many people light off the fireworks in and around the cities, but if you get caught within the city limits lighting off fireworks I hear there is a $1,000 fine, at least in my town. But it doesn't seem to stop people.

Many communities do fireworks displays before the 4th if the 4th is on a weeknight so that folks who have to get up early the next day for work can still attend.

Three miles this morning before we left.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

First and most important is Happy Birthday to Peter, Paul and Renee (can we call you Mary today?  Wink

This is so funny. Nice 7 miler, Tamster. I am glad to hear that David is back.

deez4boys, how awesome to see you running again! Enjoy your vacation

Pfrieze, take care of that PF. Happy Birthday.

Henrun and Marj are my idols. I wanna be like them when I grow up.

Berthaslayer, way to show Bertha hill who is the boss.

Tramps, I wish you a speedy diagnosis, ohh, please don't stop posting here. We all enjoy your posts.

Catwhoorg, 12 miles on the 4th. Nice!!!!

Flats, you are a maniac Smile. Nice recovery run. When is your next race?

StarrRuns, welcome back! It looks like you had a very good time.

Erika, how is your mom? Thinking of you dear sistahhh.

I miss Enkie.

I too did run some hills today. My DH was very nice to drive me 15 miles from home up Salmon Creek and I ran back home. I started at 6am to avoid the heat. It was a lovely run, a smile miles run indeed to my surprise.

BUTTERFLY HUGS to all who are dealing with ouchies.

and HAPPY 4th to all!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Henrun

I just rechecked the overall results of our 5K. I was 4/5. So, there were 5 male runners over 80!!!

flats

turtle runner eximious

This is so funny. Nice 7 miler, Tamster. I am glad to hear that David is back.

deez4boys, how awesome to see you running again! Enjoy your vacation

Pfrieze, take care of that PF. Happy Birthday.

Henrun and Marj are my idols. I wanna be like them when I grow up.

Berthaslayer, way to show Bertha hill who is the boss.

Tramps, I wish you a speedy diagnosis, ohh, please don't stop posting here. We all enjoy your posts.

Catwhoorg, 12 miles on the 4th. Nice!!!!

Flats, you are a maniac Smile. Nice recovery run. When is your next race?

StarrRuns, welcome back! It looks like you had a very good time.

Erika, how is your mom? Thinking of you dear sistahhh.

I miss Enkie.

I too did run some hills today. My DH was very nice to drive me 15 miles from home up Salmon Creek and I ran back home. I started at 6am to avoid the heat. It was a lovely run, a smile miles run indeed to my surprise.

BUTTERFLY HUGS to all who are dealing with ouchies.

and HAPPY 4th to all!

September.

Michael

spacityrunner

2 late afternoon miles...it was hot and humid so I didn't go fast or far...but at least I went

Trails Rock!

evanflein

Nancy, my mom is doing ok. She had her cath procedure today, originally planned to check out the O2 levels in her frontal chambers, but they found a blockage so inserted a stent! So, she'll go home tomorrow and back later to get a HR monitor. She might still need a pacemaker, but for now they found a big source of the problem. We'll see how she does after a little healing and let the heart settle down.

Ran 10.7 miles today, mostly a repeat of last week's Equinox trails run, but had fewer stops and better pace, and at the end I felt better, so overall, a successful improvement! It was kind of humid today (for us, at 81%) and my shirt/bra were soaked at the end. Took off my shirt (a shirtless run!) with a mile to go and carried the heavy wet thing to the end.

I miss Enkie, too. Was thinking about her on my run today.

Yeah, I miss Enke too!

Lovely pictures, as always, Posai's. You are blessed to live in gorgeous scenery and the people of Omsk are blessed to have you and Paul in their community

Erika, so so glad your mom is doing better and it is so nice that your sister is there in town too.

I talked to my sis last night and she can't eat much at all but felt some better.   Her three doctors, an MD, a surgeon and. GI doc all said that she shouldn't travel to Germany in two weeks. I think that a second opinion is called for. She will have to decide about that. There are 100 people going on the City/ Band tour to Crailsheim.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich