Masters Running

You All are So Yesterday - Thursday 10/12 Daily (Read 42 times)

TammyinGP

Hi all! Haven't checked in since before I left on my trip so am woefully behind on what has been happening here over the past 6 days or so. but I do know there were some fine racers this past weekend and I see we have a few more new names here. welcome!

Had a great time visiting with Liz. Now I know what her "Village" is like and why she loves it so.  Gosh, we packed alot in a few days, starting with the Clinton Library/Museum and lunch at 42, which was the best BLT and sweet tea I've had. then we helped at an aid station for the Arkansas Traveler 100 that evening - at mile 52 ish. and I chatted with the one and only Oregon ultrarunner that was in that race.  Got in a couple of hot, humid trail runs, met her running gang, saw a couple films at the Documentary Film Festival in town, walked and toured bathhouse row. ate good food, went kayaking, relaxed at her house overlooking the lake. all in all it was a great vacation for me. 

back to reality now and I'm doing laundry, cleaning house, and will be leaving shortly for XC practice. tomorrow is the 103 mile local relay that my son is involved with. I'm a van driver, so picked up the minivan today for that. The relay is part of Project H.A.L.T. (helping all local teens I think it stands for) and this relay is to raise $$ and bring awareness to their anti-bullying campaign.  

Have a good one y'all!

Tammy

Given the differences in dates and times I am going to post this a few times. If anyone wants to follow me along on my marathon route you can do so via the Melbourne Marathon Festival app. It should work on either an Apple or Android phone. I will also post other links later on that should track me at more than the timing mats once I figure out what they are.The race starts at 7:00am Melbourne time on Sunday (Melbourne Sunday so that will be your Saturday). To give you a better idea of what that means it starts Saturday at 4:00pm in the east coast and 1:00pm on the west coast.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

I am enjoying the new folks, although it will likely take me a while to keep everyone straight.

5 miles for me today in 55ish degrees.  My legs are still pretty darn tired from Sunday's marathon.  Erika is doing another marathon this weekend.  I have no idea how she does it, but she is amazing!

Twocat - good luck and I hope your marathon goes well.  Is your tongue healed yet/

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hi friends .... I am sitting here having a pity party for myself!!! I should be in Boston at Marj and Henry's catching up with Erika and everyone else, but I am soooooooo darn sick!!  Stupidly I worked the last 2 days with this nasty cough because of a new attendance policy they started which I can't believe makes sense to ANYONE!! All they are doing is encouraging people to work sick --- really, no concern for our co-workers or patients!! Mad at myself for feeling the pressure, I already called OUT sick for tomorrow!! I also went to the dr today and started on a zpak just in case it's not a viral hacking cough this time. I just took a nap and am going to drive to Maine for our closing weekend, so that my DH can at least get another 2 nights sleep without me hacking beside him (or in the next room)

So no run since my 6.5 on Monday in Maine. If I actually get some sleep I am hoping to get a few miles in tomorrow - not sure how my 10 mile for Saturday is looking. Cant believe Marine Corps is in 10 days and I feel like crap!!

Ok - pity party over -- carry on my friends and Happy Trails!!

denise

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I wish I had more time to come in here and chat.  I just got back from our conference meet and I need to get to bed.  But--our boys took 2nd (after having to go to our 6th runners to break the 1st place tie), and our girls took 3rd.  BUT one of our little 8th grade girls won the championship!  She ran such a smart race.

I managed to get in 8.1 miles...6 good ones, then another 2.1 during the races.

I have to say that it is really nice to have Jlynne posting, again.  Hang in there, kid--I'm the king of feeling sorry for myself--and, just like me, you'll bounce back.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

4.5 miles with the team in the H and H (they did 6).

Mike E - congrats to the team.  We're hoping for 2nd at our conference meet too.  If we win it will be the upset of the century as the top team has an army of 17 minute and better guys.

Off to bed.  Early wake up to get the results of a sleep study I had done last month (potential sleep apnea).  Going to go watch my young asst coach run in a DI meet an hour from here in the afternoon.  He's running unattached as he had to drop out after his freshman year for financial reasons.  Hoping he'll kill it and some other coach will want him (and give him $$).

Good evening everyone.

Mariposai

Erika is doing another marathon this weekend? She is so amazing!!!!!!

MikeE great job to the team! And your speed always amazes me.

Opus77, I hope you sleep well and good luck with the Sleep Apnea. For girls of my age they call that...menopause.

TammyGP, welcome back!

Deez4boys, you will be fine for Marine Corps.

Twocat, enjoy your victory lap this weekend.

Tramps, I think I missed the news of our tribee retiring.

My butterfly wings enjoyed a trip to the track today for the first time in two years to do some speed work. Since my last Boston race two years ago, I just did not have any motivation to do any speed work (for one, it take it's toll on my old body). Well now that my new office is only two blocks away from the track I have a huge motivator to visit it at least once a week, we will see...we will see. 5 miles today with 4x 800m with 1' recovery. My pace was sooo slow, but a start and I am very happy with it.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard