Masters Running

Tuesday back-to-work runs, etc. (Read 624 times)

evanflein

3.1 miles with DH tonight. I wasn't going to run tonight, but not sure this is going to count much. He really needed a recovery type run and probably wouldn't go on his own. I can see that I might be doing a lot of "doubles" in the near future till he gets comfortable going on his own. But it's fun to do this with him, and it's certainly easy soft pace for me so it's all good. We did a 2 minute jog, 1 minute walk on the outbound (slightly uphill) part, and 3 minute jog, 1 minute walk on the way back. His quads were sore from yesterday's hills so this was good to do. Our average pace was 11:13, which I think was pretty good.

I hope he keeps at it. It would be really fun to be able to do some runs together in the future... I think the key will be me going with him, hence my prediction of lots of doubles. That's ok, I can get my "workout" runs in at lunchtime, and go with him later in the afternoon/evening. It could work...

On another note, I'm going to measure my garden tomorrow, and take pictures as I progress from "freshly tilled" to "fully planted" and then "grown in." Should be interesting...

I took a walk with the pets the other night. This was at 10:30 pm. Note the sunshine on the tops of the trees (we're on the southeast side of a big hill, so lose our evening sun earlier than some places).

Here's Midnight on our road.

He's almost 12, and weighs 21 lbs (down from a peak of 22 in March).

Here's Midnight and Cheyenne, our 12.5 year old yellow lab/husky mix. She's very arthritic, and loves Midnight very much (and he loves her!).

Cheyenne will walk to the end of our road with me (.25 mile), but Midnight gets tired and stops to wait for us. This was taken in between the top two pictures (see the sun in the birch trees? I love summer here).

SteveP

Nice pictures Erika. Even nicer that you and DH are putting miles in together.

SteveP

I'm still catching up from the long weekend.  We had houseguests, and I was lucky in that they wanted to take long walks on two days.   One was on my woods trail and road, and they had a GPS.  They measured one stretch which I have not know the distance of (my long hill trail), and I found I am going further than I had thought!  Happy with that.  After eating too much all weekend, I was happy to go for a nice easy but long walk/run yesterday after the company was gone.    I incorporated the C25K , week 4 routine.  When I get through with this program, I will be the record holder for total weeks spent on it,  Is that a PR?

Woods Lady

Marathon Maniac #957

When I get through with this program, I will be the record holder for total weeks spent on it,  Is that a PR?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."