Masters Running

Sunny Sunday 10/29 (Read 35 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Just dropping in, real quick, to say hi and post my run so I get credit for it in Jay's recap.  7.5 lonely miles.

I have two more tough workouts that I'm hoping to get through without my body falling apart.  I feel like I'm just on the edge if something blowing up.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Quickadder

After my trail race yesterday, legs were heavy this morning and it was cold, so I put off today’s run until late afternoon. 6 miles recovery run at 9:35 pace.

Metal, thanks for the RR. It sounded very similar to my first marathon earlier this year. I ran the first half easily and started cramping around mile 15 but dropped to a run/walk straight away and was able to finish without having to walk too much. My positive split of 26 minutes was worse than I had expected, but I was still passing a few people. Biggest difference is that I finished looking forward to running my next marathon.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

evanflein

Careful there, MIke E... you know how you get. Wink

Mariposai, that sounds familiar. I had originally wanted to run 14-15 today so reaching 200 for the month would be within grasp. Well, the ice was still bad today and it didn't warm up much so what was wet yesterday would be ice today. Nope, not gonna do it. DH and I took on an ambitious cleaning project that took most of the afternoon. One of those projects where you find so much stuff you forgot you had... Got a late afternoon run of 8.1 miles on the treadmill done, getting me to 40.5 for the week but leaving 18 left to hit 200 for the month. Given that this is going to be a very busy week at work, and the ice isn't' going anywhere, I see my 200 mile month streak coming to an end. That's ok, I knew it would happen eventually.

metalmancpa

After my trail race yesterday, legs were heavy this morning and it was cold, so I put off today’s run until late afternoon. 6 miles recovery run at 9:35 pace.

Metal, thanks for the RR. It sounded very similar to my first marathon earlier this year. I ran the first half easily and started cramping around mile 15 but dropped to a run/walk straight away and was able to finish without having to walk too much. My positive split of 26 minutes was worse than I had expected, but I was still passing a few people. Biggest difference is that I finished looking forward to running my next marathon.

I pretty much knew going in I was one and done. This was most definitely just a bucket list thing. I just have no desire to push myself for it again. I'll run with a HM in the back of my mind which I was getting fairly good at, and do other things. Actually next Sunday I'm doing the Spartan Sprint at Fenway Park with my son. I'll get to go nice and slow because unlike the last time we did this a few years ago, I am not leaving his side. The first time I competed in 2012, on the 1st obstacle he was trash and told me to go on. That obstacle was carrying 2 30lb water jugs up a flight of stairs that went to the top level of Fenway. I was 4th in my age group, and 346 out of 3,059 finishers, while my son finished 3rd to last (he couldn't get over the big wall and no one helped him. I felt so guilty afterwards that I told both my kids any time I race with them, I will race WITH them and not just race in the same race.