Masters Running

Run For Shelter 5K (Read 205 times)

SteveP

My dad is up early today. He said, “Wanna go out Tag?....Come on, lets’ go out”. I went out and he told me I was a good boy. He’s out too. Dad is wearing his stinky shoes and a Batman shirt!!! Yeah! I’m so happy!! We’re going bye-bye!! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! He’s putting a Batman shirt on me!!! I’m a good boy! I’m so happy! No Dad, not the cape. The cape is dumb Dad. Please, no Dad, I’m a good boy. Please. I’m wearing the cape….My dad’s a jerk. Dad is letting me in the truck!! I love my dad. Let me drive Dad. Can I drive, can I? Please let me drive….OK, I’ll sit on your lap…OK, I’ll “Sit over there” I love my dad. Wow, see! A bunch of dogs!! And kids!! Can I see the kids, Dad? Look at the kids! The kids Like me Dad! Hi Jill!! Jill, thinks I’m cute. The cape is kewl Dad. I’m so happy!! Dad, see Rodney and Kathy? Look!! There’s Guinness’ dad and mom!! His mom has Guinness!!! This is so great!! Eric Treadwell is here too! “Treadwell” is a funny name for a runner. Here comes Mom and Rachel(DD#2)! See them Dad?!? I’m gonna see them, come on Dad! Lets get them!...Oh I’m a good boy! Mom and Dad are kissing. Come on! Let me up and kiss too! Hi Rachey! Pet me! I’m a good boy. See, Dad let me wear a cape!! Hey!! All the dogs are running! The people are too!!! Run Dad!!! Let’s go!!! Come on Dad!!! Run. Run..Faster!!! Let’s run Dad!! All these people are slow Dad!! Run!! Hurry!!! Run!!You're slow Dad Uh, Dad..I gotta stop. Dad..This is serious…Oh good..I need to go. Why do you have a bag Dad??.......Ewe.....No Dad, don’t pick that up....Ewe….Sick…My dad is gross. Run run run dad!! Where’s Guinness? He’s way far….Dad…..I gotta get the squirrel!! See the squirrel!! Let me have the squirrel Dad….The squirrel is back that way!! Come on!! I’m a good boy....Let’s go get it… See the kids?? We’re on Wayne’s Hill…Dad says Bruce Wayne might live there. I’m glad I’m adopted. Guinness!!!! Run! Run! Run! Come on Guinness!! Dad!! Run!! There’s Mom and Rachey!! I’m a good boy dad!!. Let’s get them!! See dad!! Dad!! Look!!!Dad!! They’re back here! Dad!! This way!! Stop Dad!! Oh look!! There’s Rodney!! Here comes Guinness!!! Hey water!! It’s good…Treats Dad! See the treats!!! I’m so happy!! Hi Mom!!! I’m a good boy! Dad says there were lots of dogs and more than 300 people. It’s fun!! I’m so happy. We get to go in the truck!! Dad says the results will be posted later. What ever that means. I love my mom and dad. I’m a good boy. Sniffing and Scratching, Tag

SteveP

Mariposai

I wanna see a picture or two. Good doggie!!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

good dog Tag! Nice fashion report - I bet you looked the coolest. Sounds like you had a fun race, saw lots of your canine buddies, a bit of wildlife and got some good treats! Sorry your dad slowed you down though. Old farts are like that you know. good doggie!

Tammy

Great race, Tag. It sounds like a good time was had by all. I'll be interested in hearing the results. If there are pictures, I'd like to see them. TomS
            Good boy Tag and good running. I know you wanted to frolic with those squirrels and sniff some cool spots off course, but you did your Dad proud (and even wore your cape). Ask for some extra belly scratches today. This was such a fun read! and who says dog's can't really process and think!? with a grin on my face now, CNYrunner
              FANTASTIC!!! One for the archives!
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

This is a CLASSIC! Thanks Tag. Veta says, "Woof"

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

SteveP

The event was listed as a "Road Race" at www.runmichigan.com. However there were no awards. Out of over 300 participants, less than 10% know who was 1st over all. The event was reward enough. We had a blast. I think the course was long, but it's not certified, so no big deal. It was timed, but I don't know what my official time was. The runners with dogs had to start in back. That's cool. We had to start behind the walkers. We nearly trampled the walkers. It took a while to pass the starting line. In that regard, a chip would have been nice. We were directed to park along both sides of a narrow street. The same narrow street we started down. It took a while to get around the walkers. Tag really helped there. He did a great job of weaving past the walkers. I was happy to see Wayne's Hill on the course. It's only 3/4 of a mile, but crazy steep. We went through a field first though and up a very gentle side of the hill. Then down a side street to the finish line. The hill wasn't much of a factor. As a good sized group run, it's great and I'll do it again. The packet pick up, goodie bag and after event snack table was aces. It's not a race though. 24 hours later, I still don't know how I did.

SteveP

Good dog Tag! Glad you kept Steve in line. Sounded like fun for you and your leash holder. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

You have a very articulate hound there. I've often wondered what Max the dog is thinking while we're out walking and now I think I know.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

coastwalker

So, did this race pass the "sniff" test?? Well done, Tag! Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Marathon Maniac #957

Very fun! Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

I was looking forward to reading this report & was not disapointed! Tag, nice job. Thanks for making us feel as if we were right there with you. Steve, thanks for the additional details. glad you had such a nice time. I'm sure a WTG is justified even if you don't know the results! It sure is nice to have you back. Smile

Renee the dog

From Renee: Woof woof woof. Bark. Bow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow! (Sorry Tag, my dog isn't nearly as articulate as you!) Nice report! Cool

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!