Masters Running

The Thursday Daily, 3.23.17 (Read 33 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Does anybody else wish they could just sit on the side of the creek...or wherever tomwhite and his CrazyBrother are doing whatever it is they're planning on doing and just watch?  Can you even imagine how crazy his CrazyBrother must be for tomwhite to consider him crazy?

Enke!  Congratulations!  It must feel so great...so much relief.  I'm sure you'll impress the crap out of them!

tet...umm...are you, actually, training?

It is so nice to read about you running, Henry.  Take it easy and just enjoy being able to run.

Pretty clever move, Dave...pretty dang clever.

I went 7 easy miles, today...no big deal.

Okay--that's about all I got.  See ya!

Mariposai

Good news!  I GOT A JOB!!

NOTHING could make me happier than this new job news today!!!!

Congrats!!! Go rock their world, sistahhh.

The weather was great this afternoon. I attended a 4 hour lecture on Social Equity, the most empowering presentation on the subject I have ever attended. My staff and I returned back to the office with way too many great ideas to implement that...

I, as their cheerleader, decided to send them home to relax and ponder about the day's learning.

Me? I did my fave activity to ponder, run and running 10 miles I did.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

congrats on the job Enke!! that's the best news of the day!

glad you had such a motivating and empowering session today, Mariposai!  

I ran 7 easy miles tonight after work also. but for some reason, i have a feeling my 7 easy miles and Mike's 7 easy miles were vastly different. 

Tammy

evanflein

Woohoo, Enke! That's the best news! Like Norm's DW, I hope it ends up being something long-term and rewarding. Good for you!

Mariposai, I've gone to some energizing and relevant presentations, but my boss never gave me the rest of the day off. Hmmm... Nice 7 miles for you, your running has been going well. When is your marathon?

Henry, yay for your running, too! So good to hear this. Hope all is going well.

Ok, that about taps my feeble memory.

I ran 5.3 miles today and there were a couple times my foot felt a little "twingey" (is that a word?) but all seems ok at the end. I think I need to do better at rotating my shoes, and the Saucony that I've been wearing (and wore during the marathon) feel like they are too "hard" in the cold. I think next run I'll try my New Balance just to see how they feel.

Marathon Maniac #957

Yay Enke!

Mariposai - very cool!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."