Masters Running

New Year's Day 2017 (Read 40 times)

SteveP

Roch, sometimes I miss Lake Orion. I love your 5K results.

Tammy, it's not easy wrapping my head around a young man wanting to stay home on a Saturday night to do homework.

Tramps!

Coastwalker, wishing you a happy hammy.

DW, Tag and I got out on a two mile hike in virgin snow. There are some very nice sticks out there. It made one third of the group extremely happy.

SteveP

Dave59

Nice 5k Roch.

I looked everywhere for a run yesterday or today but couldn't find anything. It's the opposite of Michigan where there were lots of Resolution Run choices. And usually some informal group runs to pick from too.

But I needed an entry in my new spreadsheet for 2017 so I ran 3 on my own.

got ribs in the oven, football on the tv, and family to love on.

life is good.

So nice to see all of you folks posting today, and I hope you'll do that on a regular basis!

Nice long runs for lots of you. And good racing too.

What Erika said....

Just a tad under 5 miles today. 19° with a good "stiff" wind out of the NW but it feels so great to be outside instead of on a treadmill. First time out with my new Saucony Freedoms which I think I'm going to really like.

DS#1 and DIL are on their way home after a week at Disney with their 3 boys and DIL's entire family. Lots of great pictures on FB, and by the end of the week, they all looked happy but exhausted!

Just finished making a pan of lasagna and we're waiting for the start of the GB-Detroit game. I hope life is good at about 10:00 PM tonight!

Happy New Year folks

Happy New Year!!

Welcome back Tramps!!

((Holly))

I ended 2016 with 4.2 miles up at OOB Maine and started 2017 with 4.2 miles in the other direction from our hotel!! I just love Maine- we took a drive over to our campground and went inside the camper to check things out. We were staying at a local hotel with a bunch of our campground friends for the Lobster Dip for Special Olympics - we had a fun weekend and a bunch of us met the double dip challenge this year!!

denise

TammyinGP

Dave59 - that's what I ran this afternoon also. 3 on my own. well, sort of on my own. With Bella, Bailey and sometimes Annie. She knows her limits but would meet us out on different parts of the trail to bark at us - or maybe that was cheering us on.

Erika - nope, no running for david at all. he has no desire to even go out for a short leisurely run.  He runs on the tennis court but that's about it. He's still super active though - always playing basketball, doing activities outside and has been continuing to play tennis with a few others and his coach even during the winter. they still get in about 2 practices a week at a minimum.

Tammy

flats welcome to the daily!

Tramps welcome back, hope to see you around regularly again.

Wow, a lot of folks are here in the daily today! Good to see. I got up, ran 7 miles and then did a pile of post holiday chores. First I dismantled and put away the Christmas village. Took just short of 3 hours. Then I put together the smoker I got for Hanukkah. Nothing like getting what you want by asking for it I say! Actually, the smoker is not quite all setup I need to attach the natural gas converter to the hose. It is dark out now so that will have to wait for tomorrow. Tomorrow I also have up change a bunch of bulbs outside that have blown. That will be a pain.  That is it for me.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

TW - excited that you enjoyed the new Hoka's.  They seem very popular these days so there must be something to them.  I haven't bought new runners in a long time....I saw a great discount on a pair on Nordstrom's site and with MBE's discount, they would have been a steal, but they were sold before I could get to them.

{{Holly}} - glad you got at least a small bonus.

MBE made pizza last night - his are pretty darn good, and I am thinking I should buy a pizza stone and get his dough recipe.  He was asleep before midnight, but I was wide awake, dumb.  My kids come back from Canada late tonight after being away for 12 days, so looking forward to just hanging out with them tomorrow, doing nothing much as they will likely just want to chill.

I got out for 3 easy miles, in 37 F?  There was snow on the grass, but the pavement was above freezing  I am thinking of starting a running streak, just to get used to the routine of getting bundled up and out there.  That mental hurdle, you know?  Rules of the streak being a one mile minimum, and if I think even running a mile with make my knee worse, I won't do it.  I think my other streak only lasted 15 days, so I am hoping to beat that.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

It is really nice to see Tramps back to running and posting.

Hey flats!  Nice to see you, too.  Welcome!

I just went for an easy 3 mile ice patch dodging run.  I'm hoping I can start ramping up next week to get ready for a May marathon.

Debbie and I are going to a movie tonight...Collateral Beauty...anybody seen it?

Okay--that's it--gotta go.  See ya!

Mariposai

Starting off 2017 with some icy miles. Nearly fell on my bum 4 times. I have a ridiculous mileage goal, but what the heck. Day 1, I am beating that damn pace bunny.

Flats is here, hurrahhh. Hey, folks, meet Flats. He was our team captain for the 2016 challege game. He is a very cool guys Smile.

Great to see so many friends here today.

Twocat, 3 hours for putting the decorations down,. Enjoy your smoker.

Tamster, sorry you missed your Resolution run today. I hope the roads are better for you tomorrow.

TomWhite, congrats on your new shoes! Yes, calm down and don't over due it so fast.

Well, I did put in 6 miles today, slow, but it felt good. Then we went for a little snow shoeing with friends. A good and relaxing day.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

15.1 miles today, and felt pretty good for most of the run. Bike paths had been plowed (yay!!) so I didn't have to do a repetitive run like last week. Foot started hurting in mile 12 and made the last bit a little ouchie. Not sure what happened, it's a pain in top of instep on right (i.e., bad) foot, near the ankle. No clue what brought this on, but hope it's just a "tweak" and will be ok soon.