Masters Running

Wed June 3 Runs and Workouts (Read 499 times)

Tim, welcome back.

I've been feeling like a diesel, so like Ribs, I did a fast-turnover set of intervals: 10x 400 at 85 secs/ lap; 400 recovery between each.  2.25 mile WU, 2 mile WD, 1/2 mile walk.

Not a very satisfying workout....wasn't quite the anaerobic killer I thought it would be. Maybe next time I'll do 800's, or three sets of 6X400 w/ a mile between sets. Or sumtin.'

Walt

Mariposai

Great job Walt. Feeling like a diesel, humm

I was going to go for a bike ride, but opted to work in my flower garden, then ate dinner (broiled salmon, greek lentil salad, broiled asparagus, first crop of green salad from my garden and strawberries for dessert...ohhh and a glass of chilled Pinot Grigio) now I am too lazy and full to go for the bike ride.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

4 pages tonight -- yikes ........ i am totally spent so i PROMISE to catch up on reading tomorrow!!

track tonight -- did 1.6 miles warmup with a few friends before we hit the track

then we do some dynamic stretching and strides

workout:

8 x 200  .... i did 6 in 49 seconds, 1 in 48 and 1 in 50 ...... active rest (walk) for 200 between each

4 x 400..... 3 in 1:53, 1 in 1:52

2 x 800.... both in 4:02

400 cooldown

stretched

i dont think i have ever run that consistent before...........i am soooooooooo happy!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!

denise

Marathon Maniac #3309

Denise, that brought a BIG HUGE smile to my face...WTG Speedy Girl. I opted to do the opposite tonight as I had planned....track work, like Denise. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

TammyinGP

10 miles tonight 1:38:20. A few sprinkles here and there, but I was hoping for more. It was a little muggy, so more rain would have felt better, but the temps cooled down some on the last 1/2 of my run and it was more comfortable.  And I ran the last 5 miles faster than the first 5, so felt good about that too: 9.30, 10.05, 10.16, 9.48, 9.40, 10.11, 9.43, 9.43, 9.51, 9.28.

by mile 3 my drink was already pretty warm, so ran by a house and the elderly gentleman that lives there was outside and I noticed he had a fridge in his open garage, so asked if he happened to have any ice in that fridge. He didn't, but invited me in his house to fill up my water bottle and get ice. Only in a small friendly town like this would I even think about asking a stranger for ice, let alone go into a home to get a refill.

Tammy

evanflein

Nice, Tammy! I asked a bike rider if she had water... no she didn't. We've been running under 40% humidity (36% now) for quite some time now so it's very dry here. I usually never bring/stash water but thinking I need to now. I stop along the way and have visions of water bottles in my head! Pretty sad.

I did something I don't think I've ever done before. Ran the first 6.5 miles of my run at a pretty good pace (after 9:20 or so warm up) for 8:37 avg pace. Then did the 2 mile trudge up the hill at 9:26 avg pace... pretty sloggy but no humidity in sight. So... 8.55 miles total, and ran out of gas about mile 6 or so...