Masters Running

beware the ides 3.15.17 (Read 40 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I'm just popping in to say hi and that I ran 11 miles with 8 miles of tempo in the middle.  It did not go well...again.

That's it--gotta go.  See ya!

Quick post for me too-- heading to bed!!  Think we had about a foot of snow yesterday!! A friend's son came by and plowed most of our driveway then Kenny snowblowed and my 2 older guys did most of the shoveling. I went out and helped finish around the cars and then went over to help our neighbors - he had surgery 6 weeks ago and could push his snow blower but not lift the wet heavy snow so I helped his wife finish their driveway.  Hopefully it will warm up next week and start melting!!

Maria turned 4 today - can't wait to see her tomorrow and celebrate!!

Oh ya - this was going to be quick, but funny thing happened today. I was taking care of a patient and asked her where she lived when I saw her pediatrician was in the neighboring town. Well - she said she didn't live there but lived in Tewksbury - where I live. Then I asked her where in Tewksbury and she said Beech St --- NO WAY!!  She actually lives about 4 houses away and has been there for 2 years but because of the space between us and different lifestyles we never met!! Now I can't wait to see her out walking her baby (who I didn't get to deliver) and will  bring her a gift next week!!  Small world!!  OK - goodnight!!

denise

Mariposai

A late post here.

Deez4boys, that is one funny story about your patient/neighbor.

MikeE, that is just so you...ohh by the way, I ran 11, 8 at tempo. You are such a gifted runner.

This was a long day for me, which culminated with about 4 hours of interviewing scholarship recipients for our Rotary club to graduating high school students. I always enjoy being part of the interviewing committee. We sure met some amazing students tonight, who are not only academic smart, but they are involved in other activities and they give back to their communities.

No running here for me this week. My cold from last week turned into a sinus, earn infection. I had to go to the doctor yesterday. I hope the sinus pressure feels better so I can go for a few miles tomorrow.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

We had meetings at 6:30 AM and a long one at 5:00 PM. meh.

One fella I unloaded said he's been making deliveries for 28 years and put in more than 2,500,000 miles and he's never had anyone come up to his truck dressed like Batman before. Sigh. It takes all kinds.

Tet, my pop ups have been about covering "Final expenses".

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

We love seafood, but don't eat it very often because it's so dang expensive here, which is ridiculous considering we live at the freaking ocean.

This surprises me....

Erika - Steamtown is not totally out yet.  We will just have to see how the next few months go as far as finances. DH is pretty reactionary with financial stuff.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Lots of people were out hanging by the bay on the sea wall.  Not beautiful people, either!  I'm at a pretty run down Holiday Inn right across from the sea wall.  I could have stayed at a nicer place, but getting to run by the water was a priority.  I hope I don't get murdered.  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

....erika//...........around here,

this is what 20-degees

is Colder Than-

Doodley-Squat

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....