Masters Running

Saturday, 1.21.17 (Read 35 times)

Bertha Slayer I went back and read your post from yesterday and what lots of others said. The RD's behavior was disgraceful! Really awful.

I am glad coastwalker is here to get be to go back and read the prior daily.

I have been gone for a bit. A conference. Then working to update some lectures for the coming semester. Today I ran with the local Joggers Club. The word "with" should be in quotes. The group is, shall we say fractured. About 7 of us started. One guy who always rushes off on his own did so. People then split, more or less, into pairs running somewhat at the same pace. The guy I was running with quit after about 3 miles. That left me alone for over half the run. Like I said, with should be in quotes. It is one reason I do not knock myself out to make it down to where the group starts every Saturday.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Lori, what a great picture. Great job on your muddy race.

dave59, I hope you enjoyed your day off, with summer like weather.

pfriese, great to see you are running so well.

MikeE, sorry to hear about the ouchies that did not go away after a month of rest from running.

Me? I did run 5 miles in 36F and raining (sorry twocat). It would have been a great day for a long run, but I did run out of time.

Tomorrow is either skiing or running.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Bertha, I have a cousin who is in her 40's. She started racing almost a year ago. She was heckled by elitist. A few years prior, she had a bacterial infection in her lungs and had part of a lung removed. Your run reminds me of the good old days.

Gotta love Tet's perspectives on running and racing. And, well, on everything else too.

Jay

Truth. Love your 9.2

.  And no politics in this statement, but didn't Mrs. Trump look spectacular in that blue coat she wore at the inauguration yesterday? Very pretty..

A singlet, Munzios and Brooks.....maybe a cape too. maybe.

Tramps, the mainstream media is counting on it not turning out well.

MikeE, I'm with you on the foggy runs.

Good for you, Holly.

It was raining pretty good and the temps were mild for the winter. I pulled out Two Cat's book of running rules and chewed on the pages. Tag and I round up a few other dogs and hit the road. Tramps was very kind about the pictures. On any given outing, I'll take nearly 100 pictures. If I pause and focus, it really slows down a guy who is already slow,

Some pictures are OK.

We drove to a little town called, "Marilla". It's not nearly as big as the town I live in. Like I said, It was raining. I wore a light rain shell. The down side was, I was probably just was wet from trapped sweat as I would have been without the shell.

I was pretty reckless and we ran the entire 5 miles down the middle of the road.

The road was prefect for running this time of year. Zero mud. Lots of stops for the dogs to drink. A solid surface with a covering of hard packed snow. The running was very easy on these old bones. It was a lot like running on moss.

The three dogs off leash (Tag, Marley and Mia) were tearing around in the woods. Honey and I were well ahead of them when two deer bounded out maybe 20 feet ahead of us. Honey nearly had a seizure. I figured, what the heck. Honey and I chased the deer down the road. After just a little bit, Honey had to stop for a potty break. I guess she was really excited.

One two other occasion, deer ran across the road. The three dogs off leash came back as soon as I called them.

The 5 miles went pretty quick and I wanted one or two more. I've been having a hard time letting go of the big boy responsibilities so I kept it at 5. For those of u not on a leash, that was enough.

One of the nice things about running in Marilla is, we drive past a store on the way back. It's the largest store in town with nearly 1,000 square feet of grocery items. As soon as I went in the door, Nate yells, "Ma! you need to bring up more ice cream bars!".

At the register, Ma informed me that Nate had cinnamon rolls coming cooling if I wanted to wait. I waited.

The dogs happily woke up for their ice cream bars.

SteveP