Masters Running

Whensday, 3.12.14 (Read 48 times)

SteveP

15 miles on a TM! That's determination rasmussenmp.

Trig in 8th grade? Maybe grampy should take math in an attempt to help learn it to our grandkids.

Hi Jo! I hope your experience here is rewarding.

Stoopid smart phones. Tag and I picked up Honey and we went out on the trails for nearly an hour. As cold as it is, we ran on top of snowmobile tracks. As warm as it is, I had to watch my stride as a heavy impact would bust through the tracks and I sink up to my knee. The dead leaves on top of the snow are deceiving.

While along one stretch, we heard a great deal of commotion down the hill below. I'm fumbling with the phone in one hand trying to get the camera to operate. And I've got Honey's leash in the other. As soon as I step off the packed trail, my left leg sinks mid thigh and my right leg goes even deeper. Holy dangling participles, that was a close one. I got to the edge of the steep hill and looked down, what ever made the noise was gone. Backtracking to the trail, we had only gone about 10 feet, it sure didn't seem like it at the time.

Since Sunday, a large clump of trees had migrated towards the river. I love it up here.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

I just love today's daily thread.

Me, too!  I got here late, though...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."