Masters Running

Tuesday, JULY 22 Runs and such (Read 500 times)

Renee the dog

Just came back from 4 mi in 93 F with only 51% H. Felt like spring! Big grin Had to go it alone as I was punishing Renee for digging up my brand-new-this-summer magnolia tree. I got it all put back together, but I'm afraid the tree might go into shock. Probably no more than I did when I went out back this afternoon.... Hallar, yuck on the itchiness. Hope you feel 100% soon!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

80 degrees in much lower humidity - 78 % still high but not near as bad as the last four or five days. Big grin 2.51 warm up miles 21:55 (8:43) - 6 x 1/2 mile repeats finishing with a 1 mile time trial - all w/1 minute recovery - 2:59 - 2:56 - 2:55 - 2:54 - 2:52 - 2:51 - 5:55 - .69 Mile cool down -6:25 (9:18) This was supposed to be 8 x 1/2 mile repeats, after 6 Joel suggested we up the ante and run the next two consecutive. Next time we'll do 5 and then 3 consecutive etc. A grerat workout which I know will help strengthen me and help with my endurance. On the final mile I did the first half in 3:10 and picked up the pace and Joel suggests that I try to run these at more of an even pace which will help me learn the pace for races etc. Of course that makes sense when I think of it...DUH!! I knew I ran with Joel for a reason. Cool

Marathon Maniac #957

Look Spareribs, I'll take advantage of the one day free trial, but that's all. You're not going to talk me into a contract. I promise I'll keep an open mind about it, and wait to see the results, but really, I don't think you have a sell here. Aamos - coincidentally, I was at Kroger tonight and found they had half-gallons if ice cream on sale for $1.99. Who can resist that? I bought 5 of them. Smile Re-check at the sports doc today. He forbade me to run at all for at least another week, and said it may be longer. We talked about stretching.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

hopeful4ever no humidity? Not fair! breger1 humidity! Now that's better. Wink Holly S. as always good luck with your recovery. The Jogger my TP keeps trying to get me to go on a trail run with her. Actually, like doing them so I am not sure why we have not as yet. perchcreek good humidity aided repeats. Peter NC good long run. BTW it is no official I am heading down your way the week prior to Thanksgiving. SueT48 hills + humidity = tough workout. rochrunner good luck getting off the DL. DickyG another humidity runner! Go team! Tramps yes it does qualify as mile repeats! Good job. Craneium nice long run and given the rest of today's posts amazingly no mention of humidity! Confused tselbs another run report with no humidity report? How can that be? Confused Spareribs I hope all goes well. Nothing like genes to mess up even the best diet and exercise regime. Sad I am very impressed you were able to get in 3.3 miles today. I am hoping this is a positive sign of one sort or another. tomwhite ok no humidity report but at least a temperature and wind reading. Cool pfriese no weather report at all! Confused Teresadfp sorry no run so no comment. Smile Enjoy tomorrow's outing however. wildchild ah, I think the fact that you live up in the mountains where it is cool and really er, mountainous gives you a pass on the required 5:30am wake up for running. evanflein whatever the weather around here I always feel better after reading what it is like where you are! lol Nice 6 miler despite it all. biketm anyone that thinks your schedule is "taking it easy" please raise your hand and see the nice man with the straitjacket! Big grin Geez and my friends think I am a fanatic! dg. looks like you are training for one of those adventure races! BCMorant I have only done strides once. Every training program has them so I should probably emulate you and get my act together to do them this summer. Aamos good 7 miler in the heat and humidity. Sorry, I am done teasing people about the heat and humidity complaints today. Tongue TammyinGP my sympathies on having to do a TM run. Sorry, unlike ribs I lack the writing talent and wit to make what I view as a very last running resort exciting. Sad halllar I hope it is just a brief allergic reaction to something that clears up fast. Good luck at the docs tomorrow. nonoruns not complaining about the humidity? Not fair! Now you busted my no more comments on the weather reports in each run report! Big grin Oh yea, nice 4 miler. mainerunnah see my complaint no nonoruns above. Nice workout too. Side note to CNYrunner. (If you have not seen her upcoming schedule in the 40/40 thread I highly recommend you avoid doing so any time in the near future! However much you run it will seem pretty trivial!) CNYrunner I hear all this running is particularly bad for a person's 20K time. I looked on the web and saw where the ideal way to train is to sit on the couch from now until say about Labor Day. While you are there you can also carbo load on Twinkies as they are apparently the best source of energy. Just trying to be helpful here. Big grin I ran just under 6.4 miles today with some friends. I would complain about the heat and humidity, as well as the fact that I wore too warm a shirt but that would violate what I said in my note to Aamos, so I am not doing it! Tongue I hope everybody had a good day and a good evening.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

...sorry twocat//.......YES..... ...we definitely had Weather today....... with more expected tomorrow.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

King of PhotoShop

Last call. One day free. Send workout by 7 a.m. CDT and see your name in stars, "as told to..." etc. Contracts follow shortly. Off to watch Rose's cousin pitch to my TX Rangers. Spareribs
              DickyG

This is one of the new money-making schemes I came up with, where I act as surrogate poster for a fee....
                Hmmm...well, first of all that's one of the great ideas of all time...Ribs, you're really getting funny in your old age. Now, down to business..there's obviously nothing you can do to spice up my pathetic efforts. However, I'll spring for a 6-month contract on Maine & TomWhite. Maine's workouts are soooo boring...7:00, 7:00, 7:00, 7:00...6:59..he definately needs some PR. As for TomWhite...there's just gotta be SOMETHING you can do for him... DickyG

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Spareribs...about those repeats.. Why 1 mile? My flattest, measured section of road is 1/2 mile and that was too short so I did 1 mile which felt about right. Why 4 repeats? 4x7.5= 30 minutes which is about right. Why 100 sec.. seemed to be between a 90sec jog and 2 min jog. Is this scientific enough? Why run at that pace... cause you recommended that.... to BikeTM Smile

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

hey everyone!! trying to catch up with all the posts -- was at a campground in Old Orchard Beach Maine over the weekend and we didn't have inernet access - i'm up there for a 9 day stretch starting thursday so will have to drag the laptop to an area where i can connect or i'll have withdrawals!! anyway - did get in a 6.3 mile run and did about a mile plus right on the beach - it was so beautiful!! now on my 2nd night of 3 12 hour nights in a row and the last could be a 16 -- yikes!! GOOD HEALTH and HAPPY RUNS ALL!! Big grin

denise

Mariposai

Too tired to type anything right now, but can someone make a copy for me of all the running wisdom that is being shared here so I can read it later? Off to bed now, I have been up since Monday norming, some of those call nights can be brutal, but gladly do it. I am looking forward to the Ragnar Relay and of course I can't wait to give my Japan traveler a big hug on Thursday as he returns to this country. I will be off line until next Tuesday or so. Happy miles and happy rest to all. Off to bed now.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

King of PhotoShop

Spareribs...about those repeats.. Why 1 mile? My flattest, measured section of road is 1/2 mile and that was too short so I did 1 mile which felt about right. Why 4 repeats? 4x7.5= 30 minutes which is about right. Why 100 sec.. seemed to be between a 90sec jog and 2 min jog. Is this scientific enough? Why run at that pace... cause you recommended that.... to BikeTM Smile
                        Yes, I posted later I had figured out the 100 seconds. I thought the pace was okay too. I was just trying to figure out how you got the workout. I would have called them mile intervals rather than repeats. I can't recall recommending to Biketm that workout however. You did a good job with it in that heat. Spareribs
                        TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

Nancy, Me too! If someone could write up a digest and Ribs can help with a daily write-up, I'd be all set. I am in China right now and kind of busy. Heck I could reestablish myself here in RA without even having to actually log in! Craig

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"

Mariposai

Nancy, Me too! If someone could write up a digest and Ribs can help with a daily write-up, I'd be all set. I am in China right now and kind of busy. Heck I could reestablish myself here in RA without even having to actually log in! Craig
                            Come on... don't let me beg you for a fresh picture from China. You know how much I love that country and how I left half of my heart in the country side of China. Pictures pleaseeeeeeeeeeee.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

oops, not able to get pics up before closing for the day at work. perhaps after dinner. C

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"